Helpful Links

Cannot receive pics when connected to Microcell

Contributor

Cannot receive pics when connected to Microcell

Is there some kind of setting or fix I can change to be able to receive pics without getting out of the microcell range or turning my phone off and back on? 

Message 1 of 5
Mentor

Re: Cannot receive pics when connected to Microcell

I have the same issue on 4 microcells. Support has been of no help.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

I've had the same issue. I've also had the issue of not receiving text messages.
Message 3 of 5

I wonder if this might be intentional on ATT's part. They've eliminated MicroCell access to their servers from 3G iPads and made it clear that they're doing so because they don't want to have the device used for data - their intent was to make it help voice phone calls.

Of course, none of their glitzy advertising for the device says that. I'll do an experiment today - have my wife send me an MMS from her iPhone to mine when I'm at home and connected to ATT's network via my 3G MicroCell. I'll post my own results.

Message 4 of 5

(answering my own question)

I just sent my wife an SMS and an MMS message (containing a picture taken with my iPhone 4's camera) while sitting at the breakfast table, as far away as I can get in my house from my MicroCell. The SMS left within a few seconds; the MMS took about 30 before the iPhone "whooped" signaling completion of the transmission to the server.

FWIW.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support