Helpful Links

Cannot Activate - About to Return and get Sprint or VZ phones

Tutor

Cannot Activate - About to Return and get Sprint or VZ phones

This is ridiculous.  I plugged my phone into iTunes this morning and got the "wait for an email.  We'll tell you when it's ready to use".  Now about 10 hours later and my old iphone 4 is still working.  4s shows four bars but can't make any calls.  {word filter evasion} AT&T?  Did you not expect to have a bunch of people activating?

Message 1 of 10
Scholar

Re: Cannot Activate - About to Return and get Sprint or VZ phones

Yes, because Sprint and Verizon aren't swarming with customers. Seriously, you get on launch day with over 1 MILLION PREORDERS and don't expect that the services have a capacity? You're saying that they should have prepared for the capacity....but this is a once a year thing. That would be a waste of money for ONE phone release.

Message 2 of 10
Tutor

I'm absolutely serious.  I go through the activation process this morning at 7:00 cst.  It tells me to check my e-mail and now 8 hours later I still can't use my phone?  That's acceptable to you?  I've been giving this company $200+ a month for too many years.  

Message 3 of 10
Scholar

You can always try to activate it again. Until it's activated, iTunes should try to activate it every time you plug it in.

Message 4 of 10
Tutor

It doesn't ask me to activate again.  I can connect to iTunes and it acts normal but there is no phone number (it shows n/a) where it has the phone's information on the iTunes screen.  

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Scholar

zman2001 wrote:

It doesn't ask me to activate again.  I can connect to iTunes and it acts normal but there is no phone number (it shows n/a) where it has the phone's information on the iTunes screen.  

Oops, my bad, sorry.

Try going here:

https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/

Message 6 of 10
Tutor

Got a hold of someone on the phone and he reset my Sim card somehow and all is well.  There has got to be an easier way to do this...

Message 7 of 10
Scholar

zman2001 wrote:

Got a hold of someone on the phone and he reset my Sim card somehow and all is well.  There has got to be an easier way to do this...

There is. I just gave it to you above. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

If your new iPhone does not seem to activate after going through all the steps, turn it off and turn it back on.  JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.  

Message 9 of 10
Master

Have you seen the reports about really slow data speeds on Sprint?  Not sure if they are overwhelmed or are just having a short term issue?  Just make sure you make an informed decision that is right for you.  My guess is you may have either a bad SIM or bad iPhone 4S.  If after following all the other recomendations that do not work, try a new SIM.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support