Canceling Within 30 Days-Getting the "Runaround"

Teacher

Canceling Within 30 Days-Getting the "Runaround"

Before I get really upset I'm hoping I can get some quality info from someone.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a phone and new service through Premier (so I could get the FAN discount from my employer). I now have decided (for reasons I don't want to get into) to return the phone and cancel service. My careful reading of the relevant instructions on the Premier website seemed to indicate that I should cancel service first, then return the equipment.

I called Enterprise customer support @ 1-800-331-0500 and selected "cancel service". I was transferred around after which I was informed by someone who shall go nameless in "Resolutions" that I should NOT cancel service first; rather, he would need to switch me to "Premier Support" who would issue an RMA with a label, etc. He gave me the number: 1-866-499-8008. I called this number and, after speaking with a representative I was told I needed to call Enterprise support: 800-331-0500. Ever see the movie "Dead of Night"? You'll know how I felt.

Frustrating? You betcha. It's hard to believe that AT&T would try to avoid having someone cancel service by engaging in this infantile runaround, so I'm asking if anyone here can advise me on the proper procedure for returning equipment purchased through the Premier site and canceling service.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Canceling Within 30 Days-Getting the "Runaround"

If I were you, I would discontinue the service first, then return the phone. Since you would not be getting another AT&T phone, that makes sense. If calling Customer Service was not helpful/successful, you could always visit an AT&T Corporate store and cancel your service. The employees there then shall give you further instructions on how to return the phone/ship it back if necessary. You should not encounter any more problems, then.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4
Teacher

Thanks. Do you know which site would have a list of "Corporate Stores" or have a link? Frankly, the only way I know to even GET to the premier site is by digging up the old email they sent me and clicking the link.

As I think about it more, it seems that the first CSR simply didn't want to be "tagged" as the one disconnecting my service. He told me there would be a $375 ETF; when I informed him that I was within my first 30 days of service he insisted that regardless, if I didn't return the equipment first, I would be charged. When we discussed my complaints he asked if he could first investigate them and then get back to me, but wouldn't send an email, only a voice or text, which leads me to believe he didn't want a "paper trail". The more I think about it, the more upset I get.

OK, I will try CS again.

I appreciate your post.

Message 3 of 4
Former Moderator

nlk10010 wrote:

Thanks. Do you know which site would have a list of "Corporate Stores" or have a link? Frankly, the only way I know to even GET to the premier site is by digging up the old email they sent me and clicking the link.

As I think about it more, it seems that the first CSR simply didn't want to be "tagged" as the one disconnecting my service. He told me there would be a $375 ETF; when I informed him that I was within my first 30 days of service he insisted that regardless, if I didn't return the equipment first, I would be charged. When we discussed my complaints he asked if he could first investigate them and then get back to me, but wouldn't send an email, only a voice or text, which leads me to believe he didn't want a "paper trail". The more I think about it, the more upset I get.

OK, I will try CS again.

I appreciate your post.

Thank you for taking the time to register and post your concern here on the AT&T Community Forums.  We apologize for your inconvenience.  In order to expedite your issue, please visit our Business Community Forum at http://bizcommunity.att.com/

This thread will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support