Helpful Links

Cancel GoPhone

Tutor

Cancel GoPhone

 
When my Pay-as-you-Go runs out, I am planning on cancelling the service...ie not purchasing more airtime.
1)  How do I cancel my online GoPhone account as there is no information on the site?  Obviously, I don't want to leave my mandatory profile information for the next user that utilizes the phone number.
2) I'm thinking about giving the phone to "Cell Phones for Troops" or something of the like.  Should I remove/destroy the simCard (smartChip)?
 
Thanks
1,706 Views
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Cancel GoPhone



mike2007 wrote:
 
When my Pay-as-you-Go runs out, I am planning on cancelling the service...ie not purchasing more airtime.
1)  How do I cancel my online GoPhone account as there is no information on the site?  Obviously, I don't want to leave my mandatory profile information for the next user that utilizes the phone number.
2) I'm thinking about giving the phone to "Cell Phones for Troops" or something of the like.  Should I remove/destroy the simCard (smartChip)?
 
Thanks

  1. Excellent question, hopefully once your account deactivates they also destroy your profile information.
  2. You should remove the SIM card, but destroying it is not required.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Expert

Re: Cancel GoPhone



dmapr wrote:


mike2007 wrote:
      When my Pay-as-you-Go runs out, I am planning on cancelling the service...ie not purchasing more airtime.
  1. How do I cancel my online GoPhone account as there is no information on the site?  Obviously, I don't want to leave my mandatory profile information for the next user that utilizes the phone number.
  2. I'm thinking about giving the phone to "Cell Phones for Troops" or something of the like.  Should I remove/destroy the simCard (smartChip)?
     Thanks

  1. Excellent question, hopefully once your account deactivates they also destroy your profile information.
  2. You should remove the SIM card, but destroying it is not required.

     Once the number is reassigned the info from the old user is permanently deleted from their online system, however the actual account will virtually always be on file in their actual billing system.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Cancel GoPhone



wilcre wrote:

     Once the number is reassigned the info from the old user is permanently deleted from their online system, however the actual account will virtually always be on file in their actual billing system.

I just tried logging in with my expired account and was told account has been deactivated, so while it's not deleted I think a new profile will be created when the number is reassigned.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support