Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2010
2:45:33 PM
View profile
Cancel AT&T 2 years contract..

If I sign AT&T 2 years contract to buy iphone 4, and then about a month, I cancel the contract.

What are the total amounts I need to pay AT&T?
(Including $200 iphone4, $60 monthly charge, $35 activition fee, and else.....)

If I sign AT&T 2 years contract to buy iphone 4, and then about a month, I cancel the contract.

What are the total amounts I need to pay AT&T?
(Including $200 iphone4, $60 monthly charge, $35 activition fee, and else.....)

Cancel AT&T 2 years contract..

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2010 2:58:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

i would get a supervisor to tell you for sure because i was thinking about doing the same thing and they told me that i would have to return the phone if i cancelled in less than 30 days. i would keep it 90 just to make sure. that should cover any possible return policy they have. again, it's best to check with a supervisor, not just the first customer service rep you talk to.

i would get a supervisor to tell you for sure because i was thinking about doing the same thing and they told me that i would have to return the phone if i cancelled in less than 30 days. i would keep it 90 just to make sure. that should cover any possible return policy they have. again, it's best to check with a supervisor, not just the first customer service rep you talk to.

Re: Cancel AT&T 2 years contract..

2 of 13 (63,605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2010 2:59:08 PM
(0)
Professor

The EFT should be on the contract.  I think it's $375 now, plus the payment of 1 months service, which depends on what plans you have, plus the activation fee (if any).

The EFT should be on the contract.  I think it's $375 now, plus the payment of 1 months service, which depends on what plans you have, plus the activation fee (if any).

3 of 13 (63,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2010 3:46:17 PM
(0)
Former Employee

The ETF is $325 minus $10 for each full month of service, so after a month it would be $315 ETF (Early Termination Fee) + $200 for the phone = $36 Activation Fee + $60 cheapest plan + $?? likely some prorated charges + $?? taxes on all this good stuff = over $600 for sure (even with a sales tax), so if you just want the iPhone, OP, without a service, it'll be cheaper to just buy it at full retail price ($600 + TAX).

The ETF is $325 minus $10 for each full month of service, so after a month it would be $315 ETF (Early Termination Fee) + $200 for the phone = $36 Activation Fee + $60 cheapest plan + $?? likely some prorated charges + $?? taxes on all this good stuff = over $600 for sure (even with a sales tax), so if you just want the iPhone, OP, without a service, it'll be cheaper to just buy it at full retail price ($600 + TAX).

4 of 13 (63,560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2010 4:11:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

does apple store still sells iphone 4 for $599 and $699???????

does apple store still sells iphone 4 for $599 and $699???????

5 of 13 (63,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2010 12:59:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

just go to Canada and buy the iphone 4 unlocked Smiley Happy and bring it back Smiley Happy

just go to Canada and buy the iphone 4 unlocked Smiley Happy and bring it back Smiley Happy

6 of 13 (63,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 7:55:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

Will they take away the phone if I cancel the contract within few days from buying the phone, even if it was iPHone 3gs? Thank you.

Will they take away the phone if I cancel the contract within few days from buying the phone, even if it was iPHone 3gs? Thank you.

7 of 13 (59,682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 8:16:24 PM
(0)
Master

sauravbenjwal wrote:

If you cancel within the first 30 days (before the early termination fee takes effect) you will have to return the phone or pay the full retail price for the phone.

sauravbenjwal wrote:

If you cancel within the first 30 days (before the early termination fee takes effect) you will have to return the phone or pay the full retail price for the phone.

8 of 13 (59,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 1:38:33 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by smalcom on Feb 24, 2011 at 1:39:21 AM

Any phone purchased on a contract must be returned if you cancel within the first 30 days. You are also responsible for any usage charges, and a restocking fee (10% for an iPhone,) but I don't know 30% of what. It can't be the $49 paid for the 3GS under the current promotion.

Any phone purchased on a contract must be returned if you cancel within the first 30 days. You are also responsible for any usage charges, and a restocking fee (10% for an iPhone,) but I don't know 30% of what. It can't be the $49 paid for the 3GS under the current promotion.

[ Edited ]
9 of 13 (59,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 3:30:06 AM
(0)
Expert

smalcom wrote:

If the phone was obtained from a franchise outlet, the restocking fee can be a percentage of the full price of the phone, not the subsidized price of the phone - always good to check the contract terms at a franchise location

smalcom wrote:

If the phone was obtained from a franchise outlet, the restocking fee can be a percentage of the full price of the phone, not the subsidized price of the phone - always good to check the contract terms at a franchise location

10 of 13 (59,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 10:13:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

And of course don't forget that even after all that, you'll still just have an iPhone 4 locked to AT&T/US.

And of course don't forget that even after all that, you'll still just have an iPhone 4 locked to AT&T/US.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 13 (44,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 10:47:44 AM
(0)
Expert

johninsj wrote:

Logical since it was bought from ATT and the phones are locked to att, nothing wrong with that

johninsj wrote:

Logical since it was bought from ATT and the phones are locked to att, nothing wrong with that

12 of 13 (44,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 11:56:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

johninsj wrote:

Of course there's nothing wrong with that... it does make one wonder what's the point of the whole exercise, though.

wingrider01 wrote:

johninsj wrote:

Of course there's nothing wrong with that... it does make one wonder what's the point of the whole exercise, though.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

13 of 13 (44,954 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments