Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2011
12:10:10 PM
View profile
Canadian traveling with 3G Ipad2

Hi.

So, I want to access AT&T 3G network when I travel to USA next month from Canada. I heard there are two obstacles. Firstly, there is the question about obtaining a SIM card. That seems easy - just go to an Apple Store an ask for one or buy one. Now, for the data plan, I heard that is a problem with a Canadian Address. Anyone recently been through this  - what is acceptable? I heard it is possible to buy a prepaid VISA giftcard and use that with a hotel address and will work fine - anyone do this recently and did it work?? If I have the SIM card, do I need to be in AT&T store or can I activate the card from back in Canada from the ipad directly, as long as I have the prepaid American VISA card??

Any advice for me??

Thanks

Shawn

Hi.

So, I want to access AT&T 3G network when I travel to USA next month from Canada. I heard there are two obstacles. Firstly, there is the question about obtaining a SIM card. That seems easy - just go to an Apple Store an ask for one or buy one. Now, for the data plan, I heard that is a problem with a Canadian Address. Anyone recently been through this  - what is acceptable? I heard it is possible to buy a prepaid VISA giftcard and use that with a hotel address and will work fine - anyone do this recently and did it work?? If I have the SIM card, do I need to be in AT&T store or can I activate the card from back in Canada from the ipad directly, as long as I have the prepaid American VISA card??

Any advice for me??

Thanks

Shawn

Canadian traveling with 3G Ipad2

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2011 8:50:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Hi Shawn,
Buy a prepaid VISA /mastercard giftcard and use that with a hotel address and it will work fine Smiley Happy
But first,Go to AT&T store and get a Micro Sim for your ipad.
You CANNOT activate the SIM card inside Canada Smiley Sad
Good luck .
Hi Shawn,
Buy a prepaid VISA /mastercard giftcard and use that with a hotel address and it will work fine Smiley Happy
But first,Go to AT&T store and get a Micro Sim for your ipad.
You CANNOT activate the SIM card inside Canada Smiley Sad
Good luck .
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Canadian traveling with 3G Ipad2

2 of 2 (399 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments