Canadian traveling with 3G Ipad2

Contributor

Canadian traveling with 3G Ipad2

Hi.

So, I want to access AT&T 3G network when I travel to USA next month from Canada. I heard there are two obstacles. Firstly, there is the question about obtaining a SIM card. That seems easy - just go to an Apple Store an ask for one or buy one. Now, for the data plan, I heard that is a problem with a Canadian Address. Anyone recently been through this  - what is acceptable? I heard it is possible to buy a prepaid VISA giftcard and use that with a hotel address and will work fine - anyone do this recently and did it work?? If I have the SIM card, do I need to be in AT&T store or can I activate the card from back in Canada from the ipad directly, as long as I have the prepaid American VISA card??

Any advice for me??

Thanks

Shawn

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Canadian traveling with 3G Ipad2

Hi Shawn,
Buy a prepaid VISA /mastercard giftcard and use that with a hotel address and it will work fine Smiley Happy
But first,Go to AT&T store and get a Micro Sim for your ipad.
You CANNOT activate the SIM card inside Canada Smiley Sad
Good luck .
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support