Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2011
8:27:12 AM
View profile
Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

I am trying out a prepaid AT&T Lg Thrive.  We love the phone but have very limited service where we live.  Can we get a MicroCell and register it with a prepaid phone?  I also appologize for what must be the millionth time this question has been asked. 

I am trying out a prepaid AT&T Lg Thrive.  We love the phone but have very limited service where we live.  Can we get a MicroCell and register it with a prepaid phone?  I also appologize for what must be the millionth time this question has been asked. 

Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2011 8:45:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

Just found my answer.  I guess my dream of leaving Verizon is over for now.  Please AT&T open the MicroCell up to prepaid customers and let us register our phones without having to have a phone that has a contract to tie it too.

Just found my answer.  I guess my dream of leaving Verizon is over for now.  Please AT&T open the MicroCell up to prepaid customers and let us register our phones without having to have a phone that has a contract to tie it too.

Re: Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

2 of 3 (852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2011 12:37:05 PM
(0)
Guru

I guess the issue is having an account with which to register the Microcell. If you've got a friend with a post-paid account, you could get them to register it for you, I suppose.

I always sort of got the impression that pre-paid accounts were aimed at a demographic that was unlikely to be able to afford a microcell. Having a post-paid account is not synonymous with having a long term contract - you can go month-to-month if you have or provide your own phone.

I guess the issue is having an account with which to register the Microcell. If you've got a friend with a post-paid account, you could get them to register it for you, I suppose.

I always sort of got the impression that pre-paid accounts were aimed at a demographic that was unlikely to be able to afford a microcell. Having a post-paid account is not synonymous with having a long term contract - you can go month-to-month if you have or provide your own phone.

Re: Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

3 of 3 (840 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments