Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

Teacher

Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

I am trying out a prepaid AT&T Lg Thrive.  We love the phone but have very limited service where we live.  Can we get a MicroCell and register it with a prepaid phone?  I also appologize for what must be the millionth time this question has been asked. 

Message 1 of 3 (871 Views)
Teacher

Re: Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

Just found my answer.  I guess my dream of leaving Verizon is over for now.  Please AT&T open the MicroCell up to prepaid customers and let us register our phones without having to have a phone that has a contract to tie it too.

Message 2 of 3 (868 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Can you get a MicroCell for 3G prepaid smartphones

I guess the issue is having an account with which to register the Microcell. If you've got a friend with a post-paid account, you could get them to register it for you, I suppose.

I always sort of got the impression that pre-paid accounts were aimed at a demographic that was unlikely to be able to afford a microcell. Having a post-paid account is not synonymous with having a long term contract - you can go month-to-month if you have or provide your own phone.

Message 3 of 3 (856 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.