Can the support get any worse. 15+ yrs of att and i am about to pull the plug for Verizon

Contributor

Can the support get any worse. 15+ yrs of att and i am about to pull the plug for Verizon

Let me start by saying, i am a pretty mellow person. I work in the IT field, and definietly understand outages and that things happen, but what has been happening to me here is just an unreal chain of events. I had a working ATT Microcell in my home for appx 6 months, life was good .

Late June, microcell quits working. Spend an hour on the phone with ATT support, they determine it needs replaced. new one is mailed out 2-5 business days .

Replacment Microcell arrives, go to activate it throught the website, and i get a message "this microcell is showing active on another account" (This is a replacement from ATT!!) Tech support says they dont know what happened, must have been a refurb that was never removed from an old account. Offer me to exchange it at a local ATT store.

July 1, i exchange at the local att store, actually an easy and pleasant transaction.  I take the device home, register it online, add my numbers, and it tells me activation successful...allow 90 minutes to complete.

That was 20 days ago, i have nothing.

5 calls to tech support, a promised callback with nothing, and case that was closed without contacting me. I can no longer access my 3g microcell settings even, i get the same error.

Talked for over an hour to tech support today, opening up another ticket....promised me a callback. I am not holding my breath. I am however researching moving my wireless lines to verizon. To make matters worse, my $140 phone bill arrived in the mail today, how ironic.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Voyager

Re: Can the support get any worse. 15+ yrs of att and i am about to pull the plug for Verizon

AT&T is getting worse and worse. I've been using their service for almost 10 years, now what? They ridiculously made a wrong calculation on the phone bill after combining my account with my girlfriend account, and no calls or anything to inform me that I "owed" them money, then a full year later, a debt collector called me saying that I owed ATT $70 bucks!

Come on! I've been using your service for how long? 10 years. I pay the bill every month in time. How would I owe you money for more than a year?

And, the time I was combining my account with my gf account, the ATT local store manager told me that a "huge bill" will apply to my new account, because my billing cycle was different from my gf's billing cycle. Well, I accepted it. Right after combining accounts, I paid $350 + $270 + $150 back to back in 7 days! I called ATT customer service, a lady told me that $350 covers the usages and some costs on my previous account and my gf's account. The $270 was for the "current" account and current month. The $150 was for the "next" month, because I need to pay in advance. OK, I'll take that. Then, a year later, $70 debt is on my name. What the heck was that? In the past whole year, no one contacted me in any form any method, I have paid my bill on time every month. Where the heck was that $70 from?

I called ATT to ask about that $70 debt, and they told me it is true - I did owe them money. {word filter evasion} Can you ATT be more ridiculous? You guys charged me $700 within a week, I didn't even get how you guys come up with that number. I paid, because I was tired of talking and dealing with phone calls, I didn't have time to call you ATT back and force. However, this doesn't mean you can charge me more money ridiculously.

I am telling everyone here, if you can, stay the * away from ATT. ATT is getting worse and worse. Just look at the surveys, ATT is ranked #1 worst national wireless service provider.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support