Can't use sim card in another phone

Contributor

Can't use sim card in another phone

I recently bought a nokia gophone and it works fine. I want to put the card in a Cingular branded Motorola Razr v3i. However when I do the phone say's the card is unregistered, but the card works fine with the nokia. How can I get the card to work wih the Razr? Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (5,087 Views)
Scholar

Re: Can't use sim card in another phone

once you put a new prepaid sim into a new prepaid phone

that sim is locked to that phone for "i think 6 month's"

you should have put the new prepaid sim into the phone you wanted

to use first.

gc65 wrote:

I recently bought a nokia gophone and it works fine. I want to put the card in a Cingular branded Motorola Razr v3i. However when I do the phone say's the card is unregistered, but the card works fine with the nokia. How can I get the card to work wih the Razr? Thanks

Message 2 of 7 (5,084 Views)
Contributor

I have the same problem as well. However, I put my sim card in my iPhone first instead of the nokia phone and my $15 credit from AT&T was not credited in my account.

Does someone know why?

Message 3 of 7 (5,071 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, but I want to put my sim card in my Pantech Impact! It's so stupid!

Message 4 of 7 (5,021 Views)
Mentor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same problem as well. However, I put my sim card in my iPhone first instead of the nokia phone and my $15 credit from AT&T was not credited in my account.

Does someone know why?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply:

You never got the 15.00 credit because you initially put the sim to the iPhone.. It is indicated on the packaging of your gophone, that you need to use the sim with the nokia phone, as they are bundled, the Nokia phone is the one that has the $15 credit, not the sim card, and definitely not the iPhone. Those type of sim cards lock for 180 days to the first phone you insert them to, so the sim is now locked to the iPhone for 180 days,  You may purchase a new sim, which costs around $25-30, and activate it for the same account and phone number, so you can use it for any other ATT phone..

Message 5 of 7 (4,992 Views)
Master

I previously had a prepaid LG Neon for ALMOST six months (about eight days short) that I was iffy about putting into the Samsung Mythic I bought and am now using on prepaid. I didn't think that it would work correctly as I've heard of this policy before, but it worked fine for me - eight days short of six months.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 7 (4,986 Views)

The sim card is locked to the phone it was programmed to for 4 months. If your phone is disfunctional you have to take the old and the new phone to an AT&T store and they will unlock it. Customer support cannot do it.

On a side note the local store seems to treat the prepaid customers as they are inferior and tend to not give you the best support they can!

Message 7 of 7 (4,672 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.