Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 29, 2012
3:58:58 PM
View profile
Can't upgrade early?
Edited by ShaunMN on May 29, 2012 at 4:18:32 PM

This is what I DO NOT understand why you can't you upgrade your phone at any time during your contact if you renew your contract for another 2 years?? Right now I damaged my phone beyond use and by my own fault didn't have insurance. When I call customer service they say you can purchase a new phone at full price or you can get a "GO" phone until December!!... This makes no sense at all!!! I'm willing to pay for a new phone at the new 2 year contract price and I am also willing to renew my contract thus having me guaranteed right now as a customer for another 2 years.  You are getting a customer for another 2 years and sooner than you would if you have me wait until December. I would sign a 4 year contract to get my upgrade now. Does anyone else have this same frustration. Oh and to second/third/fourth the whole you can't get a refurbished phone when you are an exsisting customer even when you are eligible for an upgrade... I was told the same thing. So I could get the new 4s for 149.99 refurbished but since I'm a good loyal customer I can't??? 

{subject edited as new topic was created}

This is what I DO NOT understand why you can't you upgrade your phone at any time during your contact if you renew your contract for another 2 years?? Right now I damaged my phone beyond use and by my own fault didn't have insurance. When I call customer service they say you can purchase a new phone at full price or you can get a "GO" phone until December!!... This makes no sense at all!!! I'm willing to pay for a new phone at the new 2 year contract price and I am also willing to renew my contract thus having me guaranteed right now as a customer for another 2 years.  You are getting a customer for another 2 years and sooner than you would if you have me wait until December. I would sign a 4 year contract to get my upgrade now. Does anyone else have this same frustration. Oh and to second/third/fourth the whole you can't get a refurbished phone when you are an exsisting customer even when you are eligible for an upgrade... I was told the same thing. So I could get the new 4s for 149.99 refurbished but since I'm a good loyal customer I can't??? 

Can't upgrade early?

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2012 4:50:43 PM
(0)
Expert

holli0705 wrote:

20 - 24 months for the upgrade depending on billing amount. You are stil in your previous agreement and need to fulfill it. Your best bet is to get a gophone or buy one off of ebay till you are eligible for upgrade

holli0705 wrote:

20 - 24 months for the upgrade depending on billing amount. You are stil in your previous agreement and need to fulfill it. Your best bet is to get a gophone or buy one off of ebay till you are eligible for upgrade

Re: Can't upgrade early?

2 of 3 (3,268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2012 6:27:32 PM
(0)
Master

For some period of time, ATT is recouping the discount they gave you.  If you upgraded anytime you want for another two year contract, they may never recoup their costs.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

For some period of time, ATT is recouping the discount they gave you.  If you upgraded anytime you want for another two year contract, they may never recoup their costs.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Can't upgrade early?

3 of 3 (3,256 Views)