Helpful Links

Can't update Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Australia

Contributor

Can't update Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Australia

Alright, so I inadvertently bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket off ebay, from America, though I live in Australia.
I didn't notice that this type of phone was AT&T because I was more interested in the "Galaxy S2" part.

So I have it here, I can not recieve or send Multimedia messages and I have no idea why, gone through the simple things like setting my creation mode to free, etc.

But the biggest issue of all, I can't update it. At first, the skyrocket was not recognised as a model on my Australian version of Kies, then an update came out for the Kies 3 and it still will not recognise it is connected. My computer will acknowledge that the phone is connected and charge but I can't do anything else.
This is really irritating because I genuienly like the phone, but if I can't update it, I may as well buy an IPhone.

Please no posts about other versions or models, I'm only concerned with the Skyrocket, thank you!

Message 1 of 3
Community Manager

Re: Can't update Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Australia

Hello go-snow,

There are different USB modes that can be selected in your settings, if I'm remembering correctly, there is one specifically for Kies or PC sync, did you see those settings? Do you have the latest drivers from Samsung's site?

Thanks,

Dmtiriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Can't update Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Australia

I don't believe I can access those options, I do remember searching but to no avail.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support