Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 13, 2012
9:19:57 AM
Can't receive MMS from Iphone 4S on Samsung Skyrocket
Edited by BIGWHITE2K9 on Apr 13, 2012 at 9:22:57 AM

My mom just upgraded from a Samsung Captivate to a Samsung Skyrocket.  But now when I send her a picture message her phone says it to large to receive.  This never happened with the Captivate is there a setting or something I can change to fix it?  The phone sends pics fine & can receive internet.

My mom just upgraded from a Samsung Captivate to a Samsung Skyrocket.  But now when I send her a picture message her phone says it to large to receive.  This never happened with the Captivate is there a setting or something I can change to fix it?  The phone sends pics fine & can receive internet.

Can't receive MMS from Iphone 4S on Samsung Skyrocket

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 1:31:28 PM
(0)
Employee
Can't say why it worked on the captivate but one thing I do know is the iPhone doesn't adhere to size constraints like all other phones. If it says its too large then sadly it is and that's it.
Can't say why it worked on the captivate but one thing I do know is the iPhone doesn't adhere to size constraints like all other phones. If it says its too large then sadly it is and that's it.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can't receive MMS from Iphone 4S on Samsung Skyrocket

2 of 5 (2,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 4:00:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

That sucks.  We thought the Skyrocket would handle everything better than the Captivate.  We will try to find a work around.  If we can't she will probably end up returning it and going back to her Captivate.

That sucks.  We thought the Skyrocket would handle everything better than the Captivate.  We will try to find a work around.  If we can't she will probably end up returning it and going back to her Captivate.

3 of 5 (2,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 4:55:21 PM
(0)
Mentor

Someone suggested to me the problem is in the APN settings.  The settings are different for the Captivate & Skyrocket but the exact same settings in the Captivate still didn't work in the Skyrocket.  The PTA settings(factory APN)  has something to do with the LTE speed I think.

Someone suggested to me the problem is in the APN settings.  The settings are different for the Captivate & Skyrocket but the exact same settings in the Captivate still didn't work in the Skyrocket.  The PTA settings(factory APN)  has something to do with the LTE speed I think.

4 of 5 (2,438 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 7:04:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

I got it working by downloading Handcent SMS.  And use that a the default messaging app now.  I changed the mms size to 1.2 MB and now all pics come through.

I got it working by downloading Handcent SMS.  And use that a the default messaging app now.  I changed the mms size to 1.2 MB and now all pics come through.

5 of 5 (2,433 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments