Can't receive MMS from Iphone 4S on Samsung Skyrocket

Mentor

Can't receive MMS from Iphone 4S on Samsung Skyrocket

[ Edited ]

My mom just upgraded from a Samsung Captivate to a Samsung Skyrocket.  But now when I send her a picture message her phone says it to large to receive.  This never happened with the Captivate is there a setting or something I can change to fix it?  The phone sends pics fine & can receive internet.

Message 1 of 5 (2,486 Views)
Employee

Re: Can't receive MMS from Iphone 4S on Samsung Skyrocket

Can't say why it worked on the captivate but one thing I do know is the iPhone doesn't adhere to size constraints like all other phones. If it says its too large then sadly it is and that's it.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (2,468 Views)
Mentor

That sucks.  We thought the Skyrocket would handle everything better than the Captivate.  We will try to find a work around.  If we can't she will probably end up returning it and going back to her Captivate.

Message 3 of 5 (2,462 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Someone suggested to me the problem is in the APN settings.  The settings are different for the Captivate & Skyrocket but the exact same settings in the Captivate still didn't work in the Skyrocket.  The PTA settings(factory APN)  has something to do with the LTE speed I think.

Message 4 of 5 (2,458 Views)
Mentor

I got it working by downloading Handcent SMS.  And use that a the default messaging app now.  I changed the mms size to 1.2 MB and now all pics come through.

Message 5 of 5 (2,453 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.