Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2012
9:06:25 AM
View profile
Can't get 3G, only Wifi

I have an old unlocked iPhone 3, and am using the same SIM card I've had for many years. I bought  100 MB of data as part of my Gophone plan, but I can't access the internet or get email when I'm out.  Everything works fine on Wifi. Anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks, Liz.

I have an old unlocked iPhone 3, and am using the same SIM card I've had for many years. I bought  100 MB of data as part of my Gophone plan, but I can't access the internet or get email when I'm out.  Everything works fine on Wifi. Anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks, Liz.

Can't get 3G, only Wifi

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 9:29:52 AM
(0)
Professor
I suspect the problem is that AT&T doesn't support the iPhone on a prepaid Gophone plan. The only official data plans for the iPhone 3 and above are the postpaid iPhone data plans.
I suspect the problem is that AT&T doesn't support the iPhone on a prepaid Gophone plan. The only official data plans for the iPhone 3 and above are the postpaid iPhone data plans.

Re: Can't get 3G, only Wifi

2 of 3 (343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 2:45:30 PM
(0)
Master

berniemosh wrote:

The use of the iPhone itself on a GoPhone plan is not the problem. The problem is that you need to change your APN settings to allow prepaid data to work on your phone. I cannot share any more details with you about this publicly, as such additional information is forbidden to be spoken of at this Forum.

Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

berniemosh wrote:

The use of the iPhone itself on a GoPhone plan is not the problem. The problem is that you need to change your APN settings to allow prepaid data to work on your phone. I cannot share any more details with you about this publicly, as such additional information is forbidden to be spoken of at this Forum.

Good luck!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Can't get 3G, only Wifi

3 of 3 (316 Views)