Helpful Links

Can't connect with Sierra Wireless 875, saying invalid profile?

Scholar

Can't connect with Sierra Wireless 875, saying invalid profile?

Does anyone know what this means?  I am using my phone SIM card as I was going to try it out, before I spend the $59.99 a month on the seperate plan.  I put my sim card in it, I do have an unlimited data plan on my account.  But when I go to connect, it does give me 2 options, WWAN-AT&T & WWAN - isp.cingular, which should I use & then for somereason on each of them it says invalid profile?  I looked around in the settings but didn't know what to look for!!  Thanks for the help!  Also I am new at this, don't really know what I am looking for!
Message 1 of 4
Guru

Re: Can't connect with Sierra Wireless 875, saying invalid profile?

That is because the phone SIM uses a different profile than the PC Card SIM. It is against the terms of service to use a phone data plan with a laptop or PC. Generally you get a trial period of a couple of weeks or so to determine if the service is right for you. Go ahead and sign up for the Laptop Connect service and just make sure you make up your mind whether or not to keep it before the trial period ends. There is no early termination fee if you terminate service during the trial period. Check with at&t for the details.
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Ah well that would make sense.  So my phone SIM won't work, no matter what I try?  I know I can just sign up for the service, but I didn't know if the $59.99 would be my best bet, I don't think I will use it that much.  Thanks for the reply!
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Scholar

So according to other threads, if I have the PDA unlimited plan on my acct I can possibly use my SIM in that?  I know it isn't the right thing to do, but I would only do it on occasion, this would be the only reason I dont' want the $59.99 plan b/c I have to have the $39.99 PDA on my acct anyways.
Thanks!!
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support