Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 8, 2011
6:44:01 PM
View profile
Can't connect to my WiFi at home

Recently, I bought the LG Thrive GoPhone and I can't connect to my WiFi at home... I tried so many times but it's not working. When I put the password for our WiFi, it looks like it's authenticating but then it disconnects and does nothing but says "searching" and that's it. What else do I need to do? I have another Droid phone and that one has no problem connecting Smiley Sad. I like this phone but the not able to connect on my wifi is getting on my nerves.

Any help/tips?

Recently, I bought the LG Thrive GoPhone and I can't connect to my WiFi at home... I tried so many times but it's not working. When I put the password for our WiFi, it looks like it's authenticating but then it disconnects and does nothing but says "searching" and that's it. What else do I need to do? I have another Droid phone and that one has no problem connecting Smiley Sad. I like this phone but the not able to connect on my wifi is getting on my nerves.

Any help/tips?

Can't connect to my WiFi at home

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 5:44:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You could always try it again going slowly, step-by-step...

When you get to adding a Wi-Fi network, type in the name of the network and make sure under "Security" it has a "WPA/WPA 2/PSK type of security. Then see if it will connect, if you haven't been doing that already.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You could always try it again going slowly, step-by-step...

When you get to adding a Wi-Fi network, type in the name of the network and make sure under "Security" it has a "WPA/WPA 2/PSK type of security. Then see if it will connect, if you haven't been doing that already.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't connect to my WiFi at home

2 of 4 (4,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 8:41:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yaaaay, it works now!! Phew... what a relief! Smiley Happy

Yaaaay, it works now!! Phew... what a relief! Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (4,219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 3:19:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Did that help? Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Did that help? Smiley Very Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (4,213 Views)