Can't connect other phones

Can't connect other phones

Just recently activated a Microcell and our two phones connected flawlessly.  When I went to enter in other phone numbers to use it those phones have not connected yet and it has been two days.  Is there something I am doing incorrectly?  The numbers are entered correctly if you are wondering. 

Outside of that the Microcell seems to be working great and we have iPhones which seemed to be a pretty big problem based on the number of posts. 

Any input would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 23 (1,930 Views)

Re: Can't connect other phones

JFizDaWiz wrote:
it doesn't work for anyone adding new lines and it seriously takes me 10 seconds to add a line for you. its the easiest thing they could do for you.

OK so give me your direct phone number!  I'm sure you can do it in 10 seconds, but it's the 30 minutes it takes to get through the maze to get to someone who claims they can do it, then screws it up, then I have to call back again to find someone competent.  Plus I get asked for my account information at least 3 times -- once by the computer, once by level 1, and again by tech support.  Really annoying.  

Message 16 of 23 (1,475 Views)
Employee

when you call 611 and choose the option for microcell it routes you directly to technical support.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 23 (1,467 Views)
Guru

Those are the same folks that, last time I called to report problems, told me that the Microcell would either work or it wouldn't, and if it didn't work for me, I should just sell it on eBay.

Message 18 of 23 (1,457 Views)
Professor

MyDogHasFleas wrote:

JFizDaWiz wrote:
it doesn't work for anyone adding new lines and it seriously takes me 10 seconds to add a line for you. its the easiest thing they could do for you.

OK so give me your direct phone number!  I'm sure you can do it in 10 seconds, but it's the 30 minutes it takes to get through the maze to get to someone who claims they can do it, then screws it up, then I have to call back again to find someone competent.  Plus I get asked for my account information at least 3 times -- once by the computer, once by level 1, and again by tech support.  Really annoying.  

Well, I made the call and my daughters phone now connects to the Microcell. JFizDaWiz was right, the tech could see the number added on the fron tend, but not the back end. It was a simple fix, however, you where more right than him. It should read, three reps and 45 minutes later it finally got done!!

Message 19 of 23 (1,452 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

if you reached customer care first you didn't use press the microcell options in the IVR.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 20 of 23 (1,424 Views)
Professor

JFizDaWiz wrote:
if you reached customer care first you didn't use press the microcell options in the IVR.

Honestly, the first rep wasn't. I normally hear the option for the Microcell support, but for some reason I didn't get the option. When the rep came on the line, I asked to be transferred to Microcell support. The young lady I got seemed to have no clue as what to do. She refused to transfer me to someone else until we went through the usual song and dance of pulling the battery from the phone and such. I tried to to explain to her that it was a problem with the line not having permissions and finally convinced her to switch me back to the main line. That time I did get the option for the Microcell and the gentleman that answered was a whiz. He already knew what to do by contacting someone on the back end, as he put it. He did mention that if that had not worked, he would have had me reactivate the Microcell.

Message 21 of 23 (1,401 Views)
Contributor

I was just on the phone with AT&T for an hour.  The final solution was to simply remove my sim card and put it back in the phone.  You do this by putting a paper clip into the little hole to eject the tray.

Message 22 of 23 (1,392 Views)
Guru

Yeah, I've experienced both that problem and that solution before. I had the Microcell for a while and added a new line to our account in the form of an iPhone 3GS. It wouldn't find the Microcell until I popped the SIM out for a second and reinserted it.

It's the first thing I try now for that problem.

Message 23 of 23 (1,378 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.