Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2011
4:20:25 AM
Can't backup iPhone contents to iTunes

I'm having trouble backing up all of my devices to itunes. When I right click on my device, there is not an option to create a backup listed anymore. It also makes no attempt to automatically backup when I sync. I have tried uninstalling itunes,but it did not make any difference. When I reinstalled it, all my apps and music was already there. All of my old backups were there too. Any ideas on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I'm having trouble backing up all of my devices to itunes. When I right click on my device, there is not an option to create a backup listed anymore. It also makes no attempt to automatically backup when I sync. I have tried uninstalling itunes,but it did not make any difference. When I reinstalled it, all my apps and music was already there. All of my old backups were there too. Any ideas on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Can't backup iPhone contents to iTunes

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:29:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What version of iPhone, and what version of iOS? What version of iTunes, running on which desktop/OS?

Jailbroken?

iTunes can sometimes refuse to backup jailbroken iPhones. Numerous errors on the desktop can case this as well. I'd need much more detailed info to narrow the google search Smiley Happy

The simple thing to try, of course, is reboot the phone. If that doesn't work, more significant troubleshooting is needed. If you don't want to bother and the sync PC is a laptop, you can actually bring it and your iPhone to an Apple genius bar and they'll figure it out (not suggested for jailbroken devices, of course.)

What version of iPhone, and what version of iOS? What version of iTunes, running on which desktop/OS?

Jailbroken?

iTunes can sometimes refuse to backup jailbroken iPhones. Numerous errors on the desktop can case this as well. I'd need much more detailed info to narrow the google search Smiley Happy

The simple thing to try, of course, is reboot the phone. If that doesn't work, more significant troubleshooting is needed. If you don't want to bother and the sync PC is a laptop, you can actually bring it and your iPhone to an Apple genius bar and they'll figure it out (not suggested for jailbroken devices, of course.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't backup iPhone contents to iTunes

2 of 8 (1,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 7:44:36 AM
(0)
Master

Jailbroken phones and the latest IOS will in fact cause problems.

Jailbroken phones and the latest IOS will in fact cause problems.

3 of 8 (1,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 9:03:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Transfer contacts from computer to new iphone,you can useiphone backup tool to backup all you files to computer,or transfer all files from computer to new iphone.including SMS and contact

Backup iphone SMS messages and contact to computer(Mac)

Cucusoft iPhone Backup Tool Kits is designed to back up all  files from iPhone  to computer, including SMS messages&contacts,games,Call list,songs, videos, books, photos and so on. 

iMacsoft iPhone to Mac Transfer is designed to back up all  files from iPhone to Mac, including SMS messages&contacts,Call list,games,songs, videos, books, photos and so on.

Backup iphone SMS messages and contact to computer(Mac) in :

URL= www#mustsoftware.com

Note: Please instend of # by .  and copy the URL in your browser)

Transfer contacts from computer to new iphone,you can useiphone backup tool to backup all you files to computer,or transfer all files from computer to new iphone.including SMS and contact

Backup iphone SMS messages and contact to computer(Mac)

Cucusoft iPhone Backup Tool Kits is designed to back up all  files from iPhone  to computer, including SMS messages&contacts,games,Call list,songs, videos, books, photos and so on. 

iMacsoft iPhone to Mac Transfer is designed to back up all  files from iPhone to Mac, including SMS messages&contacts,Call list,games,songs, videos, books, photos and so on.

Backup iphone SMS messages and contact to computer(Mac) in :

URL= www#mustsoftware.com

Note: Please instend of # by .  and copy the URL in your browser)

4 of 8 (1,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 5:55:19 AM
(0)
Scholar

if i were going to release my phone from jail and i hoped to keep itunes working properly with it, I would be on software version 4.0.1. It was the most stable version of iOS for such things. A simple google search will give you all the info you need. After all, the mods and fanboys around here will crucify me if i were to actually give you all of the information to release your corporate handcuffs. good luck.

if i were going to release my phone from jail and i hoped to keep itunes working properly with it, I would be on software version 4.0.1. It was the most stable version of iOS for such things. A simple google search will give you all the info you need. After all, the mods and fanboys around here will crucify me if i were to actually give you all of the information to release your corporate handcuffs. good luck.

5 of 8 (1,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 7:18:24 AM
(0)
Master
No crucification, just go with your eyes open!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
No crucification, just go with your eyes open!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 8 (1,288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 5:29:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

You may sometimes fail to backup your iphone data with the help of i tunes I have faced similar experience. You may try reinstalling i tunes. But in the case if it not works than you may use third party software for iphone backup.

You may sometimes fail to backup your iphone data with the help of i tunes I have faced similar experience. You may try reinstalling i tunes. But in the case if it not works than you may use third party software for iphone backup.

7 of 8 (1,247 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 5:35:37 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Sep 24, 2011 at 8:35:49 AM

It is very essential to backup the entire data stored on the iPhone because if it is lost or deleted due to any reason then it cannot be recovered by any means. If you have been unsuccessful in creating he backup with the help of iTunes then I would advice you to use a third party iphone backup software to create the backup on your Mac or Windows computer.

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

It is very essential to backup the entire data stored on the iPhone because if it is lost or deleted due to any reason then it cannot be recovered by any means. If you have been unsuccessful in creating he backup with the help of iTunes then I would advice you to use a third party iphone backup software to create the backup on your Mac or Windows computer.

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
8 of 8 (1,246 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments