Can't activate due to error: FTC311

Contributor

Can't activate due to error: FTC311

I've been trying for 2.5 months to get my MicroCell activated.

It's in a remote location - no physical address, no cell signal, but I have DSL for the internet. 

A friend of mine near the same area had a similar experience and it took him several tries with AT&T until he got someone that understood the issue.  

I gave AT&T my longitude and latitude.  My friend had to have AT&T do some sort of GPS ping to get his activated.

Here is the message:

[FTC311: Approved User list update has failed due to  primary subscriber profile error. Please contact 1-800-331-0500.]

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Can't activate due to error: FTC311

estoltman wrote:

I've been trying for 2.5 months to get my MicroCell activated.

It's in a remote location - no physical address, no cell signal, but I have DSL for the internet. 

A friend of mine near the same area had a similar experience and it took him several tries with AT&T until he got someone that understood the issue.  

I gave AT&T my longitude and latitude.  My friend had to have AT&T do some sort of GPS ping to get his activated.

Here is the message:

[FTC311: Approved User list update has failed due to  primary subscriber profile error. Please contact 1-800-331-0500.]

What is your DSL speed? Witout a physical address it's going to be difficult for AT&T to get an address location for you because apparently their location database is not current for a lot of areas. Did your friend get service finally? If he did, try using his address. Are you close at all to a tower or do you have absolutely no signal at all?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Can't activate due to error: FTC311

No signal at all.

I tried his address, it wouldn't recognize it.  He had to have a GPS ping.  AT&T is trying an address in a nearby town.

The actual DSL speed shouldn't matter until it actually connects, but I will confirm his speed.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support