Helpful Links

Can't activate due to error: FTC311

Contributor

Can't activate due to error: FTC311

I've been trying for 2.5 months to get my MicroCell activated.

It's in a remote location - no physical address, no cell signal, but I have DSL for the internet. 

A friend of mine near the same area had a similar experience and it took him several tries with AT&T until he got someone that understood the issue.  

I gave AT&T my longitude and latitude.  My friend had to have AT&T do some sort of GPS ping to get his activated.

Here is the message:

[FTC311: Approved User list update has failed due to  primary subscriber profile error. Please contact 1-800-331-0500.]

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Can't activate due to error: FTC311

estoltman wrote:

I've been trying for 2.5 months to get my MicroCell activated.

It's in a remote location - no physical address, no cell signal, but I have DSL for the internet. 

A friend of mine near the same area had a similar experience and it took him several tries with AT&T until he got someone that understood the issue.  

I gave AT&T my longitude and latitude.  My friend had to have AT&T do some sort of GPS ping to get his activated.

Here is the message:

[FTC311: Approved User list update has failed due to  primary subscriber profile error. Please contact 1-800-331-0500.]

What is your DSL speed? Witout a physical address it's going to be difficult for AT&T to get an address location for you because apparently their location database is not current for a lot of areas. Did your friend get service finally? If he did, try using his address. Are you close at all to a tower or do you have absolutely no signal at all?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Can't activate due to error: FTC311

No signal at all.

I tried his address, it wouldn't recognize it.  He had to have a GPS ping.  AT&T is trying an address in a nearby town.

The actual DSL speed shouldn't matter until it actually connects, but I will confirm his speed.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support