Can't access Internet on Backflip

Contributor

Can't access Internet on Backflip

We have two 5 line Family plans and when my son got his last upgrade in April he passed his Backflip down to my nephew. I set up the data plan for it through customer service. Well, when he tried to access the Internet it said the page was blocked. So I called customer service and they said he should be able to access it. He still wasn't able to. He can access it through wifi but not through data service. So I put my sim card in his phone and had no problems. So I call customer service again and they said they show that he has been using data. For 4 months now it has been back and forth. All the while I am paying $25 a month because I'm afraid he will somehow be able to access it and then i'd have extra data charges. So today I call again trying to figure this out, and after 15 minutes of not being to understand a dang word the woman was saying I told her off and hung up! Problem still not solved, still having paid over $100 for a dang service we have not been able to use even though they claim he has used data (no way he could've since it blocks every dang page!) I am stressed and furious and I keep asking myself why I continue to stay with AT&T when our coverage stinks and service stinks! We can't even make or receive calls from home! Anyway, mostly venting but if anybody has any idea about this problem, please tell me! Keep in mind, if I put my sim card in it I can use Internet, but with his I can't even though I pay for the 2gb data plan!
Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)
Employee

Re: Can't access Internet on Backflip

If it days blocked that means he has a content filter on his line blocking websites. Call back and ask to remove content filter.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (292 Views)
Contributor

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4 (275 Views)

Yes, that is correct just call cutomer care ask to remove the content filter but they will tell you it might 90 mins to take effect but try it as soon as it was removed.sometime it work as soon it was deactivated.
Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.