Can't Send/Receive MMS - bad sim?

Contributor

Can't Send/Receive MMS - bad sim?

Recently I've been having issues sending or receiving MMS.  When I try to send one, it will just hang until the exclamation mark pops up and fail to go through.  When my friends send me an MMS, I don't receive it.  I tried resetting network settings and restarting my phone but that didn't help.

What I discovered is that when I take out my sim card, wipe it down (not sure if this step is what is helping specifically), and pop it back in, I can send MMS again and all the MMS and voicemails that I was supposed to get in the past few days all magically pop up.  After this, MMS will work for a while until I realize that it stopped working again.

Is my sim card messed up and needs to be replaced or is it the phone itself having issues?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Professor

Re: Can't Send/Receive MMS - bad sim?

I'd start with the SIM - get it swapped, If after that you see the same issues, its time to visit the Apple store.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support