Can't Send/Receive MMS - bad sim?

Contributor

Can't Send/Receive MMS - bad sim?

[ Edited ]

Recently I've been having issues sending or receiving MMS.  When I try to send one, it will just hang until the exclamation mark pops up and fail to go through.  When my friends send me an MMS, I don't receive it.  I tried resetting network settings and restarting my phone but that didn't help.

What I discovered is that when I take out my sim card, wipe it down (not sure if this step is what is helping specifically), and pop it back in, I can send MMS again and all the MMS and voicemails that I was supposed to get in the past few days all magically pop up.  After this, MMS will work for a while until I realize that it stopped working again.

Is my sim card messed up and needs to be replaced or is it the phone itself having issues?

Message 1 of 2 (756 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Can't Send/Receive MMS - bad sim?

I'd start with the SIM - get it swapped, If after that you see the same issues, its time to visit the Apple store.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (736 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.