Can't Open Attachments In Email

Mentor

Can't Open Attachments In Email

IPhone 4.... Can't open attachments in email.  Sent some pics to my email and now I can't open them.  Anyone else seen this?

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: Can't Open Attachments In Email

No problems here.

How were they sent (attachment, inline etc)?  On your iPhone how does the email look?  Is there a thing showing the image but it hasn't downloaded?  Are you able to click on it?

Message 2 of 6
Professor

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Mail attachment support

Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)

It has to be one of these types to read properly and it has to be no bigger than the file size supported by your email server on receiving sent images.

If it's beyond these qualifications, you need a rendering engine such as PhotoGene to read it.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Professor

doctorjeff wrote:

IPhone 4.... Can't open attachments in email.  Sent some pics to my email and now I can't open them.  Anyone else seen this?

Nope. I can open attached photos. What kind of photos - was it a format that isn't common (jpegs should be fine, gifs fine, perhaps some RAW format? not so much)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Guru

doctorjeff wrote:

did u press on the attatchment icon in the email?
u may need to press on the icon to initiate the download

Message 5 of 6
Mentor

It was a regular email with a jpeg attached to use as a wallpaper.  It was showing as ? in the body of the email.  I did a restore of my phone and they showed up correctly... very strange.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support