Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 22, 2012
12:07:42 PM
View profile
Can someone tell me why I can't log on?
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 22, 2012 at 4:02:41 PM

I've reset my password several times. It works on my Iphone ATT application but when I try to log on my computer it takes me back to the log in page after hitting submit. I tried to get help from ATT live chat but its been the worst. It seems like the operators hang up on me. See below

Your estimated wait time is less than 1 minute.

Thank you for your patience! An AT&T customer service representative will be with you shortly. You are now chatting with 'Anthony {Personal content removed}'. I am sorry you are having this issue. I can definitely assist you. As the security of your account is important to AT&T, I must verify your account information. Please provide the account holder's first and last name as it appears on the account, last four digits of the account holder’s social security number or the security pass code if one has been set up previously on your billing account.

You: , xxxx, xxxxxxxxxx

Anthony {Personal content removed}: Thank you. One moment please.

You: hello?

Hello!!!

This is unacceptable. This is the third time I've tried to get help via chat.

Thank you for your patience! An AT&T customer service representative will be with you shortly. You are now chatting with 'Marie Faye {Personal content removed}'. I am sorry you are having this issue. I can definitely assist you. As the security of your account is important to AT&T, I must verify your account information. Please provide the account holder's first and last name as it appears on the account, last four digits of the account holder’s social security number or the security pass code if one has been set up previously on your billing account.

You:  xxxx, xxxxxxxxxx
hello?

Marie Faye {Personal content removed}: Thank you. One moment please.

What assistance do you need for your online account management, please?

You: i've changed my password already several times. i can log onto my account using my iphone att application. but when i try to log on my computer it takes ma back to the account management page to log in, or

it tells me that it can't recognize my id

Marie Faye {Personal content removed}: I'm sorry to hear about that trouble.

Are you using a Mac computer?

You: yes

hello?

hello

It's been more than 10 minutes since you responded

20 min

I've reset my password several times. It works on my Iphone ATT application but when I try to log on my computer it takes me back to the log in page after hitting submit. I tried to get help from ATT live chat but its been the worst. It seems like the operators hang up on me. See below

Thank you for your patience! An AT&T customer service representative will be with you shortly. You are now chatting with 'Anthony {Personal content removed}'. I am sorry you are having this issue. I can definitely assist you. As the security of your account is important to AT&T, I must verify your account information. Please provide the account holder's first and last name as it appears on the account, last four digits of the account holder’s social security number or the security pass code if one has been set up previously on your billing account.

You: , xxxx, xxxxxxxxxx

Anthony {Personal content removed}: Thank you. One moment please.

You: hello?

Hello!!!

This is unacceptable. This is the third time I've tried to get help via chat.

Thank you for your patience! An AT&T customer service representative will be with you shortly. You are now chatting with 'Marie Faye {Personal content removed}'. I am sorry you are having this issue. I can definitely assist you. As the security of your account is important to AT&T, I must verify your account information. Please provide the account holder's first and last name as it appears on the account, last four digits of the account holder’s social security number or the security pass code if one has been set up previously on your billing account.

You:  xxxx, xxxxxxxxxx
hello?

Marie Faye {Personal content removed}: Thank you. One moment please.

What assistance do you need for your online account management, please?

You: i've changed my password already several times. i can log onto my account using my iphone att application. but when i try to log on my computer it takes ma back to the account management page to log in, or

it tells me that it can't recognize my id

Marie Faye {Personal content removed}: I'm sorry to hear about that trouble.

Are you using a Mac computer?

You: yes

hello?

hello

It's been more than 10 minutes since you responded

20 min

Can someone tell me why I can't log on?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 9:50:58 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Can you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

Lets get you in touch with someone to talk to so we can see what is causing this issue. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Can you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

Lets get you in touch with someone to talk to so we can see what is causing this issue. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can someone tell me why I can't log on?

2 of 4 (1,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2012 2:22:50 PM
(0)
Employee
I would say it's Safari as I spoke with someone who had the same issue on her Mac.
I would say it's Safari as I spoke with someone who had the same issue on her Mac.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2012 6:10:31 AM
(0)
Employee
I've come across this issue a few times...

1. Check to make sure your cookies are enabled. Trying to log in in private browsing mode, or with cookies turned off can cause issues.

- If they are turned on, try clearing your cache/cookies

2. If you are having trouble logging in from att.com, try att.com/myatt

3. If you are trying to log in from a bookmarked login page, that may be an outdated page, or an invalid link. Make sure you're logging in at a valid URL.

If nothing works, try PMing jamileh
I've come across this issue a few times...

1. Check to make sure your cookies are enabled. Trying to log in in private browsing mode, or with cookies turned off can cause issues.

- If they are turned on, try clearing your cache/cookies

2. If you are having trouble logging in from att.com, try att.com/myatt

3. If you are trying to log in from a bookmarked login page, that may be an outdated page, or an invalid link. Make sure you're logging in at a valid URL.

If nothing works, try PMing jamileh
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (938 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments