Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 17, 2011
10:22:52 PM
View profile
Can not copy any songs or videos from iPhone to iTunes

I am experiencing trouble with my iPhone. I have to reinstalled my Windows 7 OS due to some trouble. When I reinstalled everything include iTunes back, it can not automatically back up my iPhone to iTunes like it used to. Also, I can not copy any songs and/or videos from iPhone to my iTunes.

Does anyone know how could I restore all my previous services I got before the reinstallation? Help!!
Very thanks.

I am experiencing trouble with my iPhone. I have to reinstalled my Windows 7 OS due to some trouble. When I reinstalled everything include iTunes back, it can not automatically back up my iPhone to iTunes like it used to. Also, I can not copy any songs and/or videos from iPhone to my iTunes.

Does anyone know how could I restore all my previous services I got before the reinstallation? Help!!
Very thanks.

Can not copy any songs or videos from iPhone to iTunes

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 4:34:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

Syncing is one way, iTunes to iDevice.  The only exception is content purchased on iTunes.

To transfer iTunes purchases, with the device connected, select File > Transfer purchases.

For all other content, use the backup of the computer to put it back.

Syncing is one way, iTunes to iDevice.  The only exception is content purchased on iTunes.

To transfer iTunes purchases, with the device connected, select File > Transfer purchases.

For all other content, use the backup of the computer to put it back.

Re: Can not copy any songs or videos from iPhone to iTunes

2 of 5 (180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 5:45:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

Sounds like you need to setup the "fresh install" as the PC where you sync your phone.  This happens to me when I want to transfer songs from my work PC to my phone...won't let me because that's not the machine that I use to sync my phone.

Sounds like you need to setup the "fresh install" as the PC where you sync your phone.  This happens to me when I want to transfer songs from my work PC to my phone...won't let me because that's not the machine that I use to sync my phone.

3 of 5 (171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 5:59:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

All of your iTunes purchases can be re-downloaded from iTunes

http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itunes/2011/07/download-previously-purchased-songs-apps-and-books...

Apple assumes you have original copies of any other music you have on your phone.

All of your iTunes purchases can be re-downloaded from iTunes

http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itunes/2011/07/download-previously-purchased-songs-apps-and-books.html

Apple assumes you have original copies of any other music you have on your phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (167 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 6:58:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
I's because you blew away the association between your phone and computer. You can't just walk up to any computer to synch

your phone, and when you reinstall the OS you start over.

There are a few tools that can rescue your songs. I assume you didn't back up any of your songs, before you reinstalled your

OS, right? So your music is on the phone only.

When I had a disk crash a few years ago, I used ipodrip to restore. It worked. Now I do regular backups. Consider doing

that.

NB we don't usually get real people here from China. I checked your IP address and it doesn't appear to be from a spammer

despite being on Chinanet who I am very careful about.

If you do not understand what I've just said, let us know here.
I's because you blew away the association between your phone and computer. You can't just walk up to any computer to synch

your phone, and when you reinstall the OS you start over.

There are a few tools that can rescue your songs. I assume you didn't back up any of your songs, before you reinstalled your

OS, right? So your music is on the phone only.

When I had a disk crash a few years ago, I used ipodrip to restore. It worked. Now I do regular backups. Consider doing

that.

NB we don't usually get real people here from China. I checked your IP address and it doesn't appear to be from a spammer

despite being on Chinanet who I am very careful about.

If you do not understand what I've just said, let us know here.

5 of 5 (144 Views)