Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 5, 2012
4:59:36 PM
View profile
Can my dad view my messages online
My dad has recently said hes gonna have all messages sent to his email because he doesnt trust me? Can he do that and if he can how far back will it show him
My dad has recently said hes gonna have all messages sent to his email because he doesnt trust me? Can he do that and if he can how far back will it show him

Can my dad view my messages online

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 5:41:10 PM
(0)
Employee
Nope
Nope
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can my dad view my messages online

2 of 21 (8,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 8:35:19 AM
(0)
Expert

If there's anything on your phone that you DON'T want your dad to see, I'd suggest to DELETE those messages and not to do anything to make your dad suspiciuous of you in the first place. That way you wouldn't have to worry about it.

The only way he can see your messages would be to check them from your phone itself. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

If there's anything on your phone that you DON'T want your dad to see, I'd suggest to DELETE those messages and not to do anything to make your dad suspiciuous of you in the first place. That way you wouldn't have to worry about it.

The only way he can see your messages would be to check them from your phone itself. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

3 of 21 (8,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 2:55:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yes, given that you have an Android phone.  Software can be installed which will automatically forward your messages in the background. 

http://www.mobile-spy.com/

Yes, given that you have an Android phone.  Software can be installed which will automatically forward your messages in the background. 

http://www.mobile-spy.com/

4 of 21 (8,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 3:29:50 PM
(0)
Expert
I don't believe the OP specified what type of device he/she is using.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

I don't believe the OP specified what type of device he/she is using.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

5 of 21 (8,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 1:47:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

The OP's post said it was posted from a Samsung SGH-I897. 

The OP's post said it was posted from a Samsung SGH-I897. 

6 of 21 (8,381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2012 2:40:37 PM
(0)
Master
On the other side of the coin, if you do delete the messages. Then your dad compare the bill's text message log to the messages on your phone and finds you come up short, he could have reason to take the phone away. By hiding it, you are abuse the privilege of having the phone.

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
On the other side of the coin, if you do delete the messages. Then your dad compare the bill's text message log to the messages on your phone and finds you come up short, he could have reason to take the phone away. By hiding it, you are abuse the privilege of having the phone.

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

7 of 21 (8,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 6:51:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

please share with us the exact nature of your texts so we can make an informed response.

please share with us the exact nature of your texts so we can make an informed response.

8 of 21 (8,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 7:13:09 AM
(0)
Expert
Seajohn, sorry about what type of device the OP has...I am not seeing where it stated what type it is on my end.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Seajohn, sorry about what type of device the OP has...I am not seeing where it stated what type it is on my end.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

9 of 21 (8,268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 7:27:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

Dcookie - That's interesting; maybe there's a browser dependency.  Here's what I see in the OP:

Posted from Samsung SGH-I897

(Your post shows that you have a Samsung Nexus S)

Dcookie - That's interesting; maybe there's a browser dependency.  Here's what I see in the OP:

Posted from Samsung SGH-I897

(Your post shows that you have a Samsung Nexus S)

10 of 21 (8,262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 7:46:00 AM
(0)
Expert
Yea..I'm not seeing that from my phone for some reason...hmmm

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Yea..I'm not seeing that from my phone for some reason...hmmm

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

11 of 21 (7,942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 11:05:14 AM
(0)
Master
The "Posted from..." signature only is viewable on the desktop version of the community.

And mine is wrong.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
The "Posted from..." signature only is viewable on the desktop version of the community.

And mine is wrong.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

12 of 21 (7,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 12:37:46 PM
(0)
Expert
Thanks Ann. What would I do without you? Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Thanks Ann. What would I do without you? Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

13 of 21 (7,933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2012 4:31:06 PM
(0)
Professor

chingchang wrote:

no he can not do this. in the text log in ONLY shows the phone numbers the text messages came from.

no offence here.

maybe you if did not do stuff to make your dad mistrust you would not have this problem.   but he can not do this. the messages are only stored on your cell phone.

chingchang wrote:

no he can not do this. in the text log in ONLY shows the phone numbers the text messages came from.

no offence here.

maybe you if did not do stuff to make your dad mistrust you would not have this problem.   but he can not do this. the messages are only stored on your cell phone.

hello!!!

14 of 21 (7,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2012 2:14:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

my mom says she can see who exactly ive been emailing with and skyping with etc? is this really possible? is it true?

i have a white iphone 4s. i also believe she put something in my dads phone and my phone so that she can monitor everything? how can i remove this?

i am so paranoid! Smiley Sad

my mom says she can see who exactly ive been emailing with and skyping with etc? is this really possible? is it true?

i have a white iphone 4s. i also believe she put something in my dads phone and my phone so that she can monitor everything? how can i remove this?

15 of 21 (7,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2012 7:20:12 AM
(0)
Employee
Quit doing things you shouldn't
Quit doing things you shouldn't
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

16 of 21 (7,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2012 5:17:16 PM
(0)
Master

ieroluver72 wrote:

Skype is a third party app so what parental controls they have, you will need to check that out.  Same goes for email.  ATT service does not provide that capability but if they have access to your email account online, they would see everything too...

Now if you had the Black iPhone 4S, they would not be able to see anythingSmiley Very Happy  Just kidding.  They may or may not have access to  your accounts online. But if you are that paranoid, you are probably doing something to be concerned about.  Isn't guilt great!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

ieroluver72 wrote:

Skype is a third party app so what parental controls they have, you will need to check that out.  Same goes for email.  ATT service does not provide that capability but if they have access to your email account online, they would see everything too...

Now if you had the Black iPhone 4S, they would not be able to see anythingSmiley Very Happy  Just kidding.  They may or may not have access to  your accounts online. But if you are that paranoid, you are probably doing something to be concerned about.  Isn't guilt great!

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

17 of 21 (7,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 8:16:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

I know nothing about Android OS so I can't help you there.   For iPhone, if more than one person uses the same apple ID for iMessage, any message sent from any device will be sent to every device signed in w/ that apple ID.  I have an iPhone and iTouch, and while I only text on my iPhone, all my messages are on my iTouch as well.

That said, there IS forensic software that can extract info from a phone, but it's not cheap and you would prob notice your phone missing. 

Now---- that all said, remember this:

People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.  Smiley Wink

I know nothing about Android OS so I can't help you there.   For iPhone, if more than one person uses the same apple ID for iMessage, any message sent from any device will be sent to every device signed in w/ that apple ID.  I have an iPhone and iTouch, and while I only text on my iPhone, all my messages are on my iTouch as well.

That said, there IS forensic software that can extract info from a phone, but it's not cheap and you would prob notice your phone missing. 

Now---- that all said, remember this:

People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.  Smiley Wink

~~Sent from my iPhone

18 of 21 (7,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 8:52:24 PM
(0)
Professor

You don't even need forensic software, just a simple app that's readily available that will forward the appropriate data to a specific number or numbers.

You don't even need forensic software, just a simple app that's readily available that will forward the appropriate data to a specific number or numbers.

19 of 21 (7,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 9:49:57 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wow, a lot of bad information in here and a lot of phishing/judgements on the poster.

To the OP; your father cannot access your text messages online because AT&T doens't support this feature inherently due to the myriad of privacy concerns that would open up for them.

That said, if he's savvy enough to find some Android app that will forward your text messages to his email or something; that is possible but he'd have to enable that on your phone and there wouldn't be anything technically stopping you from turning around and disabling it again.

Wow, a lot of bad information in here and a lot of phishing/judgements on the poster.

To the OP; your father cannot access your text messages online because AT&T doens't support this feature inherently due to the myriad of privacy concerns that would open up for them.

That said, if he's savvy enough to find some Android app that will forward your text messages to his email or something; that is possible but he'd have to enable that on your phone and there wouldn't be anything technically stopping you from turning around and disabling it again.

20 of 21 (6,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 7:10:18 PM
(0)
Master

JulienPDX wrote:

For starters, we do not know what phone the OP had so it may not be an android.  As to the second poster asking, that poster clearly had an iPhone so an android app would be no good!

JulienPDX wrote:

For starters, we do not know what phone the OP had so it may not be an android.  As to the second poster asking, that poster clearly had an iPhone so an android app would be no good!

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

21 of 21 (6,951 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments