Can my dad view my messages online

Contributor

Can my dad view my messages online

My dad has recently said hes gonna have all messages sent to his email because he doesnt trust me? Can he do that and if he can how far back will it show him
Message 1 of 21 (8,515 Views)
Employee

Re: Can my dad view my messages online

Quit doing things you shouldn't
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 21 (7,384 Views)
Master

ieroluver72 wrote:

my mom says she can see who exactly ive been emailing with and skyping with etc? is this really possible? is it true?

i have a white iphone 4s. i also believe she put something in my dads phone and my phone so that she can monitor everything? how can i remove this?

i am so paranoid! Smiley Sad

Skype is a third party app so what parental controls they have, you will need to check that out.  Same goes for email.  ATT service does not provide that capability but if they have access to your email account online, they would see everything too...

Now if you had the Black iPhone 4S, they would not be able to see anythingSmiley Very Happy  Just kidding.  They may or may not have access to  your accounts online. But if you are that paranoid, you are probably doing something to be concerned about.  Isn't guilt great!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 17 of 21 (7,354 Views)
Mentor

I know nothing about Android OS so I can't help you there.   For iPhone, if more than one person uses the same apple ID for iMessage, any message sent from any device will be sent to every device signed in w/ that apple ID.  I have an iPhone and iTouch, and while I only text on my iPhone, all my messages are on my iTouch as well.

That said, there IS forensic software that can extract info from a phone, but it's not cheap and you would prob notice your phone missing. 

Now---- that all said, remember this:

People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 21 (7,324 Views)
Professor

You don't even need forensic software, just a simple app that's readily available that will forward the appropriate data to a specific number or numbers.

Message 19 of 21 (7,266 Views)
Mentor

Wow, a lot of bad information in here and a lot of phishing/judgements on the poster.

To the OP; your father cannot access your text messages online because AT&T doens't support this feature inherently due to the myriad of privacy concerns that would open up for them.

That said, if he's savvy enough to find some Android app that will forward your text messages to his email or something; that is possible but he'd have to enable that on your phone and there wouldn't be anything technically stopping you from turning around and disabling it again.

Message 20 of 21 (7,005 Views)
Highlighted
Master

JulienPDX wrote:

Wow, a lot of bad information in here and a lot of phishing/judgements on the poster.

To the OP; your father cannot access your text messages online because AT&T doens't support this feature inherently due to the myriad of privacy concerns that would open up for them.

That said, if he's savvy enough to find some Android app that will forward your text messages to his email or something; that is possible but he'd have to enable that on your phone and there wouldn't be anything technically stopping you from turning around and disabling it again.

For starters, we do not know what phone the OP had so it may not be an android.  As to the second poster asking, that poster clearly had an iPhone so an android app would be no good!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 21 of 21 (6,977 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.