Can make calls but nothing else.

Contributor

Can make calls but nothing else.

I just had to get a new phone and new sim card. I have a plan that has Unlimited Data and Texting Included, but I cannot connect to the internet. I can make calls clear as day and my Bars are all there 3G and everything but still unable to connect to the internet.

If it helps I have a Samsung Focus and have Formatted and reset it several times to no avail.

Message 1 of 9 (253 Views)
Scholar

Re: Can make calls but nothing else.

I would contact att customer support for this issue.  Make sure you are actually paying for the data plan because it could be that it is not provisioned on your account.

Message 2 of 9 (249 Views)
Former Community Manager

I agree with coolstorybro....

It sounds like you don't have a dataplan associated with the phone. You can log into your account online to see what features you have on that line & if you don't have a dataplan, add one. 

If you do have a dataplan enabled and you're still having issues; please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you. I'll have a member of our team give you a call to do some troubleshooting. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9 (245 Views)
Contributor

I've tried Customer Support but because its a Go Phone plan i don't get much assistance. 

Message 4 of 9 (239 Views)
Former Community Manager

Just got your PM & will respond in just a minute. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 9 (237 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Charrikus wrote:

I just had to get a new phone and new sim card. I have a plan that has Unlimited Data and Texting Included, but I cannot connect to the internet. I can make calls clear as day and my Bars are all there 3G and everything but still unable to connect to the internet.

If it helps I have a Samsung Focus and have Formatted and reset it several times to no avail.

disregard, just saw the other messages

Message 6 of 9 (232 Views)
Contributor

i bought the focus specifically because it was on the Go Phone Site. I have the unlimited $50.00/mo Unlimited Go phone Plan,and the Focus is on the site as a Go phone as well so i assumed there would be no issue.

Message 7 of 9 (228 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

The Samsung Focus is a Windows Phone 7 smartphone. If you read the fine print, you'll see that the unlimited data portion of the $50 plan woultdn't work. For any smartphone, you'd need to get one of the data feature packages ($5/10MB, $15/100MB or $25/500MB) if you want to use cellular data.

Message 8 of 9 (217 Views)
Master

That is correct - you have to purchase a separate data package in order to use prepaid data services. Because you are using a smartphone, you are not covered under the unlimited data included with your $50 plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 9 of 9 (202 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.