Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 22, 2011
1:40:07 PM
View profile
Can i use ATT SIM Card with $25 GoPhone® Refill Card on Iphone 4S
Edited by Becast on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:04:27 PM

I currently have an Iphone 4S for AT&T. Im not sure but this is what I think. let me know if im right.

I want to buy at&t sim card from the following link:

www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku981990#f...

I know that Iphone 4S uses a smaller sim card. I was thinking of cuting it to adjust it for the iphone 4s size and then to refill the card to use:

$25 GoPhone® Refill Card from the folowwing link: www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_sku=sku1150030#fbid=cpFvmI3MsG-  

I want to know if i can use this on my iphone 4S. The $25 gophone refill card gives 250 minutes for 90 days (no data no web). I only care for talking on the iphone 4S with the $25 refill card. So will the iphone 4S support this or not.

Thank You. i would apreciate an answer.

If im incorrect please guide me.  you already know my purpose:

IPhone 4S with sim card and $25 refill card

Please make recomendations if this do not work of what to do

I currently have an Iphone 4S for AT&T. Im not sure but this is what I think. let me know if im right.

I want to buy at&t sim card from the following link:

www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku981990#fbid=yazvad6-zxq

I know that Iphone 4S uses a smaller sim card. I was thinking of cuting it to adjust it for the iphone 4s size and then to refill the card to use:

$25 GoPhone® Refill Card from the folowwing link: www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_sku=sku1150030#fbid=cpFvmI3MsG-  

I want to know if i can use this on my iphone 4S. The $25 gophone refill card gives 250 minutes for 90 days (no data no web). I only care for talking on the iphone 4S with the $25 refill card. So will the iphone 4S support this or not.

Thank You. i would apreciate an answer.

If im incorrect please guide me.  you already know my purpose:

IPhone 4S with sim card and $25 refill card

Please make recomendations if this do not work of what to do

Can i use ATT SIM Card with $25 GoPhone® Refill Card on Iphone 4S

[ Edited ]
9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 2:01:46 PM
(0)
Guru
iPhone is not compatible with pay as you go accounts.
iPhone is not compatible with pay as you go accounts.

Re: Can i use ATT SIM Card with $25 GoPhone® Refill Card on Iphone 4S

2 of 10 (3,614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 2:04:58 PM
(0)
Voyager

what do you mean is not compatible. in which way is not?

3 of 10 (3,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 2:19:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Becast wrote:

It's not a supported device on a go phone plan.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/index.jsp?q_termsKey=importantInformationGoPhon...

"Effective June 11, 2009, no new iPhone service for GoPhone."

Becast wrote:

It's not a supported device on a go phone plan.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/index.jsp?q_termsKey=importantInformationGoPhoneCustomers&q_termsName=Important+Information+for+GoPhone+Customers

"Effective June 11, 2009, no new iPhone service for GoPhone."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (3,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 2:27:59 PM
(0)
Voyager

Hi johninj. The link you gave me says

"Certain GoPhone customers using either an original iPhone or iPhone 3G who update to iPhone OS 3.0 Software may experience an impact to their data service."

• "If you are a Pick Your Plan customer with the required unlimited data plan for original iPhone, you should not experience any interruption in your data service due to downloading the iPhone OS 3.0 Software Update.
  • If you are a Pick Your Plan customer who does not currently have the required unlimited data plan for original iPhone, you will experience an interruption in your data service. To avoid this interruption, you should call 866-499-7888, and choose the option for "Customer Care" at the main menu. You should speak with a customer service representative to have the required Data Plan for iPhone added to your service."

Im not interested in data plan or data service,

im intererested in just talking.

I never used an iphone before so i know i could be incorrect. just making sure

Hi johninj. The link you gave me says

"Certain GoPhone customers using either an original iPhone or iPhone 3G who update to iPhone OS 3.0 Software may experience an impact to their data service."

• "If you are a Pick Your Plan customer with the required unlimited data plan for original iPhone, you should not experience any interruption in your data service due to downloading the iPhone OS 3.0 Software Update.
  • If you are a Pick Your Plan customer who does not currently have the required unlimited data plan for original iPhone, you will experience an interruption in your data service. To avoid this interruption, you should call 866-499-7888, and choose the option for "Customer Care" at the main menu. You should speak with a customer service representative to have the required Data Plan for iPhone added to your service."

Im not interested in data plan or data service,

im intererested in just talking.

I never used an iphone before so i know i could be incorrect. just making sure

5 of 10 (3,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 2:41:07 PM
(0)
Guru
All iPhones must have a data plan and can not be used as pay as you go.
All iPhones must have a data plan and can not be used as pay as you go.

6 of 10 (3,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 2:54:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The second link specifically says no new go phone plans for iPhone - that was in 2009. The policy has not changed.

The second link specifically says no new go phone plans for iPhone - that was in 2009. The policy has not changed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (3,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 1:53:46 PM
(0)
Master
I'm posting from a prepaid iPhone 3GS with no data plan, and I don't have any problems with it. I know AT&T does not officially support iPhones for GoPhone use, but there are many people on this Forum just like myself using a prepaid iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, etc. on a prepaid account.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I'm posting from a prepaid iPhone 3GS with no data plan, and I don't have any problems with it. I know AT&T does not officially support iPhones for GoPhone use, but there are many people on this Forum just like myself using a prepaid iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, etc. on a prepaid account.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

8 of 10 (3,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 2:54:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Which doesn't mean anything at all. It's not a supported device for go phone service, even if there are ways to force it to work.
Which doesn't mean anything at all. It's not a supported device for go phone service, even if there are ways to force it to work.

9 of 10 (3,465 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 8:07:33 PM
(0)
Master
I respect AT&T's rules and terms, but I like to give customers the best advice which means helping their desire to accomplish what they want to do as long as it does not violate any terms. This isn't against the rules. It is possible.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I respect AT&T's rules and terms, but I like to give customers the best advice which means helping their desire to accomplish what they want to do as long as it does not violate any terms. This isn't against the rules. It is possible.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

10 of 10 (3,449 Views)