Can anyone with AT&T connect to a MicroCell?

Can anyone with AT&T connect to a MicroCell?

While on my way up on an elevator this afternoon, my cellphone (normally no service within the elevator or the hallway) caught someone's MicroCell, and had full bars w/ 3G (how do I know? Where it should've said "AT&T", it said "MicroCell").

So, can anyone with AT&T service connect to the MicroCell. . .?

Message 1 of 4 (592 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Can anyone with AT&T connect to a MicroCell?

Printerscape wrote:

While on my way up on an elevator this afternoon, my cellphone (normally no service within the elevator or the hallway) caught someone's MicroCell, and had full bars w/ 3G (how do I know? Where it should've said "AT&T", it said "MicroCell").

So, can anyone with AT&T service connect to the MicroCell. . .?

That's interesting. For someone to connect to a MicroCell their phone number has to be on the approved list of the account holder (the registered owner of the MicroCell) and be on AT&T 3G service. The list can accomodate up to 10 numbers including the account holder's.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (590 Views)

Otto Pylot wrote:

That's interesting. For someone to connect to a MicroCell their phone number has to be on the approved list of the account holder (the registered owner of the MicroCell) and be on AT&T 3G service. The list can accomodate up to 10 numbers including the account holder's.

That's interesting. Yes, I have data plan on my phone (HTC Inspire). No joke, I spent 5-10 minutes going up and down the elevator trying to catch the MicroCell signal again xD.

Message 3 of 4 (585 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Maybe someone you know got one and stuck your number in? I've filled up my list with friends with 3G phones just to help them when they visit.
Message 4 of 4 (558 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.