Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 3, 2011
12:56:31 PM
Can anyone with AT&T connect to a MicroCell?

While on my way up on an elevator this afternoon, my cellphone (normally no service within the elevator or the hallway) caught someone's MicroCell, and had full bars w/ 3G (how do I know? Where it should've said "AT&T", it said "MicroCell").

So, can anyone with AT&T service connect to the MicroCell. . .?

While on my way up on an elevator this afternoon, my cellphone (normally no service within the elevator or the hallway) caught someone's MicroCell, and had full bars w/ 3G (how do I know? Where it should've said "AT&T", it said "MicroCell").

Can anyone with AT&T connect to a MicroCell?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 1:07:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Printerscape wrote:

That's interesting. For someone to connect to a MicroCell their phone number has to be on the approved list of the account holder (the registered owner of the MicroCell) and be on AT&T 3G service. The list can accomodate up to 10 numbers including the account holder's.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Printerscape wrote:

That's interesting. For someone to connect to a MicroCell their phone number has to be on the approved list of the account holder (the registered owner of the MicroCell) and be on AT&T 3G service. The list can accomodate up to 10 numbers including the account holder's.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can anyone with AT&T connect to a MicroCell?

2 of 4 (574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 1:13:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

Otto Pylot wrote:

That's interesting. Yes, I have data plan on my phone (HTC Inspire). No joke, I spent 5-10 minutes going up and down the elevator trying to catch the MicroCell signal again xD.

Otto Pylot wrote:

That's interesting. Yes, I have data plan on my phone (HTC Inspire). No joke, I spent 5-10 minutes going up and down the elevator trying to catch the MicroCell signal again xD.

3 of 4 (569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 5:17:44 PM
(0)
Guru
Maybe someone you know got one and stuck your number in? I've filled up my list with friends with 3G phones just to help them when they visit.
Maybe someone you know got one and stuck your number in? I've filled up my list with friends with 3G phones just to help them when they visit.

4 of 4 (542 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments