Can SEND but canNOT recieve SMS

Can SEND but canNOT recieve SMS

I just got my "new" refurb Sony Ericsson Z310a with a new number, and sent an SMS to everyone about having a new number... I didn't get a single SMS back. So, I test to make sure I can recieve SMS with the phone: using another AT&T GoPhone. I get it fine. I later get an SMS from someone with TracFone. Still nothing from anyone else.

I later find out the other people, ARE sending messages, and I've tested it myself with someone elses (non-AT&T) phone. Nothing.

I don't know if it's got something to do with being a refurb, or if it's AT&T's end or what... any suggestions would be nice. Smiley Indifferent

My Phone: Sony Ericsson Z310a (Refurb)
My Plan: GoPhone Pick Your Plan $39.99
    with $4.99 per month 300 SMS plan

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Can SEND but canNOT recieve SMS

acethebunny wrote:
     I just got my "new" refurb Sony Ericsson Z310a with a new number, and sent an SMS to everyone about having a new number... I didn't get a single SMS back. So, I test to make sure I can recieve SMS with the phone: using another AT&T GoPhone. I get it fine. I later get an SMS from someone with TracFone. Still nothing from anyone else.
     I later find out the other people, ARE sending messages, and I've tested it myself with someone elses (non-AT&T) phone. Nothing.
     I don't know if it's got something to do with being a refurb, or if it's AT&T's end or what... any suggestions would be nice. Smiley Indifferent
  • My Phone: Sony Ericsson Z310a (Refurb)
  • My Plan: GoPhone Pick Your Plan $39.99
    • with $4.99 per month 300 SMS plan

For you it sounds like there is a routing issue for you, a call to customer care from a phone other than your wireless at 1-800-331-0500 and have them check the provisioning of the sms in their system for you, Also a good test to try is to send yourself a sms from your own wireless phone, if it goes through the routing issue for the sms from AT&T is resolved and then it is just a matter of them looking in to the Tracfone sms issue for you.
     Also there is no 300 sms package for prepaid, there is 200 for $4.99, 1000 for $9.99 and then unlimited sms for $19.99.
Message 2 of 4

It turns out it was a number issue... The number I was given as my number, was a land line number. It was changed... and still doesn't work; i'm trying to get into Live Chat to get it fixed again... but it was full last time I tried.

And, the 300 SMS was a typo. Sorry. I have the 200.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Master

Did you turn your phone off then on after the number was changed? The power off/on needs to happen to reset the phone features once CS does something to it.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support