Can SEND but canNOT recieve SMS

Can SEND but canNOT recieve SMS

I just got my "new" refurb Sony Ericsson Z310a with a new number, and sent an SMS to everyone about having a new number... I didn't get a single SMS back. So, I test to make sure I can recieve SMS with the phone: using another AT&T GoPhone. I get it fine. I later get an SMS from someone with TracFone. Still nothing from anyone else.

I later find out the other people, ARE sending messages, and I've tested it myself with someone elses (non-AT&T) phone. Nothing.

I don't know if it's got something to do with being a refurb, or if it's AT&T's end or what... any suggestions would be nice. Smiley Indifferent

My Phone: Sony Ericsson Z310a (Refurb)
My Plan: GoPhone Pick Your Plan $39.99
    with $4.99 per month 300 SMS plan

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Can SEND but canNOT recieve SMS

acethebunny wrote:
     I just got my "new" refurb Sony Ericsson Z310a with a new number, and sent an SMS to everyone about having a new number... I didn't get a single SMS back. So, I test to make sure I can recieve SMS with the phone: using another AT&T GoPhone. I get it fine. I later get an SMS from someone with TracFone. Still nothing from anyone else.
     I later find out the other people, ARE sending messages, and I've tested it myself with someone elses (non-AT&T) phone. Nothing.
     I don't know if it's got something to do with being a refurb, or if it's AT&T's end or what... any suggestions would be nice. Smiley Indifferent
  • My Phone: Sony Ericsson Z310a (Refurb)
  • My Plan: GoPhone Pick Your Plan $39.99
    • with $4.99 per month 300 SMS plan

For you it sounds like there is a routing issue for you, a call to customer care from a phone other than your wireless at 1-800-331-0500 and have them check the provisioning of the sms in their system for you, Also a good test to try is to send yourself a sms from your own wireless phone, if it goes through the routing issue for the sms from AT&T is resolved and then it is just a matter of them looking in to the Tracfone sms issue for you.
     Also there is no 300 sms package for prepaid, there is 200 for $4.99, 1000 for $9.99 and then unlimited sms for $19.99.
Message 2 of 4

It turns out it was a number issue... The number I was given as my number, was a land line number. It was changed... and still doesn't work; i'm trying to get into Live Chat to get it fixed again... but it was full last time I tried.

And, the 300 SMS was a typo. Sorry. I have the 200.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Master

Did you turn your phone off then on after the number was changed? The power off/on needs to happen to reset the phone features once CS does something to it.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support