Can I use wireless internet without having a contract?

Contributor

Can I use wireless internet without having a contract?

Does anyone know if I have to have a contract with AT&T to use wireless internet on my laptop? I am from Germany and I will visit USA in summer for 3 months and need to check my e-mail-account. 

Thank you very much for your help!
Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Can I use wireless internet without having a contract?

silkisilk wrote:
     Does anyone know if I have to have a contract with AT&T to use wireless internet on my laptop? I am from Germany and I will visit USA in summer for 3 months and need to check my e-mail-account. 
     Thank you very much for your help!

From what I could find out through customer care, they only require a contract if they provide the equipment to you at a discounted rate, This would also fall in line with the info found in this LINK.

Editted For Clarifacation And Link Addition.

Message Edited by wilcre on 03-31-2008 11:17:54 PM
Message 2 of 4
BAT
Scholar

Sign up for 2 years, then after your 3 months, send them the $175 for early termination. OR if you have a phone that you can tether, add that service to your plan, (around $50 . mo) then cancel the service any time..

Also, IF i'm not mistaken, the 2-year is if they give you the hardware.. IF you buy the wireless card, say from Ebay, you should be able to use month to month.. ? You might check with CS about that..

BAT

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Tha at&t business site lists a data connect plan that is abailable , without a contract for $79 a month. This can be done with a laptop card or tethered pda or phone.

See the LaptopConnect Card link at the bottom of the page. The the DataConnect plan for $60, then note #6

"6. Requires two-year agreement. Otherwise, the Monthly Service Charge is $79.99. Plan may also be used with eligible, AT&T-certified customer owned and maintained (COAM) devices."

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support