Can I upgrade in-store and do a hand-me-down to my wife?

Explorer

Can I upgrade in-store and do a hand-me-down to my wife?

I want to get the 4S and of course have the store transfer all my data from my current 3GS. Then I want to let my wife get rid of her 3G and use my old 3GS. Can they transfer everything from her phone to my old 3GS including the phone number?

I'm not very good with iTunes and syncing (in fact, I already screwed up both our phones trying to sync things so I quit trying) and in any event I know the store would have to be involved with changing the phone number on my old phone to be her number.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Message 1 of 4 (789 Views)
Professor

Re: Can I upgrade in-store and do a hand-me-down to my wife?

Any attempts to sync the device to a different computer/library will wipe the contents from the device.

Manage syncing of contacts/media on the devices with the computer they are already synced with.

Message 2 of 4 (785 Views)
Explorer

Stopped in the store tonight. They told me they would fix my old phone to have my wife's number, and transfer her contacts. We have to backup/restore all her other data. So that will work out well. I was afraid they would only do it for my phone since that's the only one we're buying.

Message 3 of 4 (703 Views)
Master

This is where Apple shines!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 4 (682 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.