Can I remove Facebook?

Tutor

Can I remove Facebook?

Just received a new AT&T Galaxy S II.  I do not use or want to use Facebook. Is there a way to remove this app?

Message 1 of 6 (1,535 Views)
Scholar

Re: Can I remove Facebook?

Try this...

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesssupport/tutorials.do?tutorialsCategory=Applications&tutorialId=9...

(This link is part of AT&T's SGSII "Learning Center".)

Message 2 of 6 (1,527 Views)
Scholar

My understanding is that some apps can't be uninstalled from AT&T's setup, but I would think Facebook is not one of those.

Message 3 of 6 (1,522 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I guess the answer is "no".   Facebook appears in the application list, but there is no "uninstall" option.  The only selectable button is "Clear data."  Guess this goes on a ever growing list of things I do not like and cannot change about AT&T services.

Message 4 of 6 (1,481 Views)
Teacher

ljkraus wrote:

I guess the answer is "no".   Facebook appears in the application list, but there is no "uninstall" option.  The only selectable button is "Clear data."  Guess this goes on a ever growing list of things I do not like and cannot change about AT&T services.

Root is your friend.

With it, you can remove anything. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6 (1,461 Views)
Professor

ljkraus wrote:

All carriers add apps to all their phones that can't be removed without rooting or by some other method. The apps, often just shortcuts, don't take up any real space on the phone, and nobody forces you to use them. In the case of the Android phones, just remove the icon from your home screen if you don't want to use it. Out of sight, out of mind.

Message 6 of 6 (1,443 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.