Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 26, 2012
2:15:13 PM
View profile
Can I remove Facebook?

Just received a new AT&T Galaxy S II.  I do not use or want to use Facebook. Is there a way to remove this app?

Just received a new AT&T Galaxy S II.  I do not use or want to use Facebook. Is there a way to remove this app?

Can I remove Facebook?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 2:43:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

Try this...

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesssupport/tutorials.do?tutorialsCategory=Applications&tutorialId=9...

(This link is part of AT&T's SGSII "Learning Center".)

Re: Can I remove Facebook?

2 of 6 (1,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 2:48:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

My understanding is that some apps can't be uninstalled from AT&T's setup, but I would think Facebook is not one of those.

My understanding is that some apps can't be uninstalled from AT&T's setup, but I would think Facebook is not one of those.

3 of 6 (1,510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 8:35:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

I guess the answer is "no".   Facebook appears in the application list, but there is no "uninstall" option.  The only selectable button is "Clear data."  Guess this goes on a ever growing list of things I do not like and cannot change about AT&T services.

I guess the answer is "no".   Facebook appears in the application list, but there is no "uninstall" option.  The only selectable button is "Clear data."  Guess this goes on a ever growing list of things I do not like and cannot change about AT&T services.

4 of 6 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2012 2:36:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

ljkraus wrote:

Root is your friend.

With it, you can remove anything. Smiley Wink

ljkraus wrote:

Root is your friend.

With it, you can remove anything. Smiley Wink

5 of 6 (1,449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 6:42:21 AM
(0)
Professor

ljkraus wrote:

All carriers add apps to all their phones that can't be removed without rooting or by some other method. The apps, often just shortcuts, don't take up any real space on the phone, and nobody forces you to use them. In the case of the Android phones, just remove the icon from your home screen if you don't want to use it. Out of sight, out of mind.

ljkraus wrote:

All carriers add apps to all their phones that can't be removed without rooting or by some other method. The apps, often just shortcuts, don't take up any real space on the phone, and nobody forces you to use them. In the case of the Android phones, just remove the icon from your home screen if you don't want to use it. Out of sight, out of mind.

6 of 6 (1,431 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments