Can I read text messages on another phone on my family plan?

Can I read text messages on another phone on my family plan?

Hello:

I am curious if there is a way to read the messages my teenager has been sending and receiving on her phone, which is part of my family plan.  If she has not deleted them from her phone, is there a way to see them without actually having to look at her phone? I was not sure if I could view them online.  I can see how many are being sent and to and from whom, but not what they say. Any help would be appreciated, I would like to be able to look without tipping her off, as I do not want her to delete them all! And no I am not a terrible mother, I am just very concerned about some things and would like some proof.  Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 2 (9,457 Views)
Guru

Re: Can I read text messages on another phone on my family plan?

teacherabc wrote:

Hello:

I am curious if there is a way to read the messages my teenager has been sending and receiving on her phone, which is part of my family plan.  If she has not deleted them from her phone, is there a way to see them without actually having to look at her phone? I was not sure if I could view them online.  I can see how many are being sent and to and from whom, but not what they say. Any help would be appreciated, I would like to be able to look without tipping her off, as I do not want her to delete them all! And no I am not a terrible mother, I am just very concerned about some things and would like some proof.  Thank you so much!

The only way you can view the messages your daughter has been sending or receiving is only through her phone or the phone that receives them. There's no way to view them through your online account.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (9,442 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.