Can I pick up a phone if I've preordered?

Can I pick up a phone if I've preordered?

So, I preordered from an AT&T store.

Does anyone know if I can simply walk into a store, pick up a phone and be done with it?

Message 1 of 7 (451 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Can I pick up a phone if I've preordered?

Sure you can.   If you want to pay full price for the phone. 

The pre order removes your eligibility for upgrade and cannot be cancelled. 

Message 2 of 7 (422 Views)
Teacher

yep, you have to pay full price.  They really got us good.  Nothing we can do, but wait and wait and wait...................

Message 3 of 7 (411 Views)

Actually... at least for orders in-store, they CAN cancel.

They did for me, originally, because they misentered the shipping address.  They cancelled and then made a new order.  You're right about eligibility, though.  They couldn't restore it, so had to do something funny to make the pricing show up.

I suspect you need to find someone who's willing to do it.  In my case, I had a nice person and it was obviously their mistake.  It did take almost 30 minutes to fix, though.

Message 4 of 7 (391 Views)

You're going to have to pay for the phone again, then refuse the first one when they ship it to you. I've definitely learned my lesson... I will never, ever preorder a phone EVER again. Dumbest thing I've ever done in my life.

Message 5 of 7 (375 Views)

I wouldn't blame yourself.

This is the first time in a very, very long time that I got caught by someone selling more preorders than they would have at release date.

See.. that was really the problem.  Once the preorders were all gone, they should have just been 'orders.'

I only have myself to blame, in this case.  They guy did tell me it was going to be back ordered, so I have no complaints there.  I just didn't think it would be so easy to get one in the store.

Message 6 of 7 (352 Views)
Teacher

Jeremy---I overlooked the part where you said you ordered from the store.  Yes, you should be able to cancel it and pick up another phone.  I went by my local store (no waiting, stupid, stupid me for pre-ordering) and the manager said if I had ordered it from the store they could cancel it.  Good luck!!!

Message 7 of 7 (330 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.