Can I get copy of text messages

Contributor

Can I get copy of text messages

How can I get a copy of my text messages that I sent in and out out? Also how long do voice messages stay in phone. Mine are all gone. I had important messages. I was gone for awhile and now cannot retrieve them.
Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Can I get copy of text messages

Acblue7 wrote:
How can I get a copy of my text messages that I sent in and out out? Also how long do voice messages stay in phone. Mine are all gone. I had important messages. I was gone for awhile and now cannot retrieve them.

You cannot get content (what is said in the messages), unless you have a court order.  You can view phone numbers though.  Just go log onto your online accout.  Look under data/message details.  It'll come up.  You can print them. 

Voice mails are stored up to 14 days. Then after 14 days the voice mail system deletes voice mails. Once a voice mail gets deleted, there is no way to get it back.

Message Edited by chachmoe19 on 05-02-2008 12:22:33 AM
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Can I get copy of text messages

If the future you should independently record any voice messages you wish to keep.  They are not stored on your phone, but by at&t on their voice mail server - so you are at their mercy regardless of the time frame they generally keep them.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support