Posted Jun 9, 2008
12:15:26 PM
View profile
Can I download ringtones if I don't have internet connection on my cell phone?
I've received a text message from a free website with the info for a ringtone I requested.  How can I move this to my ringtones?

Why can't interesting ringtones be included when we get our phones?
I've received a text message from a free website with the info for a ringtone I requested.  How can I move this to my ringtones?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2008 1:22:01 PM
(0)
Professor

karkers wrote:

Be careful with that,.  The ring tone may be "free" but therse usally a monthly fee attached to them.  All you would need to do is download it, and then it would be listed under the tones.

karkers wrote:

Be careful with that,.  The ring tone may be "free" but therse usally a monthly fee attached to them.  All you would need to do is download it, and then it would be listed under the tones.

Re: Can I download ringtones if I don't have internet connection on my cell phone?

2 of 5 (8,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2008 12:29:04 PM
(0)
Expert

karkers wrote:

No you can not.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

karkers wrote:

No you can not.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: Can I download ringtones if I don't have internet connection on my cell phone?

3 of 5 (8,872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2008 12:22:51 PM
(0)
Mentor
I use a USB cable to link my phone to my computer.  I create the ringtones on my computer (Windows Sound Recorder) from music I have either downloaded or ripped.  Then I hook the phone to the computer and copy the ringtones to the phone.  Once in the phone, it is easy to assign the ringtones.  I have an LG CU500 and a laptop and can connect with either bluetooth or the data cable I got on eBay.  So for me, the answer is - yes you can get ringtones without the internet.  It just takes a little extra work.

I use a USB cable to link my phone to my computer.  I create the ringtones on my computer (Windows Sound Recorder) from music I have either downloaded or ripped.  Then I hook the phone to the computer and copy the ringtones to the phone.  Once in the phone, it is easy to assign the ringtones.  I have an LG CU500 and a laptop and can connect with either bluetooth or the data cable I got on eBay.  So for me, the answer is - yes you can get ringtones without the internet.  It just takes a little extra work.

4 of 5 (8,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2008 10:41:33 AM
(0)
Scholar
That link is to download that you need the internet to go to and open. Also those kind of sites that provides ringtones usually have different fees and stuff for usage. It's much better to get a free sound editing software and using it to make your own ringtones. If you don't have internet on your phone, then the best way is to use a usb cable from your phone to your computer. In fact in my opinion, even if your phone does have internet the best way is still just to use the cable cord to your computer..
That link is to download that you need the internet to go to and open. Also those kind of sites that provides ringtones usually have different fees and stuff for usage. It's much better to get a free sound editing software and using it to make your own ringtones. If you don't have internet on your phone, then the best way is to use a usb cable from your phone to your computer. In fact in my opinion, even if your phone does have internet the best way is still just to use the cable cord to your computer..

5 of 5 (8,088 Views)