Can I download ringtones if I don't have internet connection on my cell phone?

Contributor

I've received a text message from a free website with the info for a ringtone I requested.  How can I move this to my ringtones?

Why can't interesting ringtones be included when we get our phones?
Message 1 of 5 (9,008 Views)
Professor

Re: Can I download ringtones if I don't have internet connection on my cell phone?

karkers wrote:
I've received a text message from a free website with the info for a ringtone I requested.  How can I move this to my ringtones?

Be careful with that,.  The ring tone may be "free" but therse usally a monthly fee attached to them.  All you would need to do is download it, and then it would be listed under the tones.
Message 2 of 5 (9,000 Views)
Expert

Re: Can I download ringtones if I don't have internet connection on my cell phone?

karkers wrote:

No you can not.
Message 3 of 5 (8,946 Views)
Mentor

I use a USB cable to link my phone to my computer.  I create the ringtones on my computer (Windows Sound Recorder) from music I have either downloaded or ripped.  Then I hook the phone to the computer and copy the ringtones to the phone.  Once in the phone, it is easy to assign the ringtones.  I have an LG CU500 and a laptop and can connect with either bluetooth or the data cable I got on eBay.  So for me, the answer is - yes you can get ringtones without the internet.  It just takes a little extra work.

Message 4 of 5 (8,325 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

That link is to download that you need the internet to go to and open. Also those kind of sites that provides ringtones usually have different fees and stuff for usage. It's much better to get a free sound editing software and using it to make your own ringtones. If you don't have internet on your phone, then the best way is to use a usb cable from your phone to your computer. In fact in my opinion, even if your phone does have internet the best way is still just to use the cable cord to your computer..
Message 5 of 5 (8,162 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.