Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 7, 2011
8:10:06 PM
View profile
Can I buy a SIM card but not add a line of service immediately?

Hello,

I am in a weird situation where I would like to purchase a AT&T SIM card right now, but since I'll be overseas for a couple of months, I do not want to add a line of service (or more to the point, pay the monthly charges) until I return. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am in a weird situation where I would like to purchase a AT&T SIM card right now, but since I'll be overseas for a couple of months, I do not want to add a line of service (or more to the point, pay the monthly charges) until I return. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Can I buy a SIM card but not add a line of service immediately?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 8:22:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes. They are actually for sale on this website if you didn't already know. Of course, there are the stores/eBay, also.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yes. They are actually for sale on this website if you didn't already know. Of course, there are the stores/eBay, also.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can I buy a SIM card but not add a line of service immediately?

2 of 4 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 8:27:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! However, when purchasing online at least, they ask you to choose a rate plan immediately. My question is whether it is possible to delay doing so?

Thanks for the reply! However, when purchasing online at least, they ask you to choose a rate plan immediately. My question is whether it is possible to delay doing so?

3 of 4 (672 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 8:34:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

That I am not for sure on. I suppose you could add the plan anyway, but just not use the SIM in the phone until you need to. Now, the SIM may be activated and have a phone number already assigned to it when it is delivered.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

That I am not for sure on. I suppose you could add the plan anyway, but just not use the SIM in the phone until you need to. Now, the SIM may be activated and have a phone number already assigned to it when it is delivered.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (670 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments