Can I block a number from my Childs phone using smart limits without them knowing I have blocked it

Contributor

Can I block a number from my Childs phone using smart limits without them knowing I have blocked it

I would like to block a number from calling or texting my childs phone however I don't want them to know I have blocked it is there any way to block this number without them getting the message that the number has been blocked by the account holder?

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Can I block a number from my Childs phone using smart limits without them knowing I have blocked

No, your child will see these messages when he or she tries to call or text a blocked number:

“We’re sorry, but you cannot send this text message due to limits set by your wireless account owner.”

“We’re sorry, but the phone number you are trying to reach has been blocked by your wireless account owner.”

Anyone who is on your block list will receive more generic messages as follows they try to call or text your child:

(This is the one sent to AT&T customers only)“The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming msgs at this time.”  

“The AT&T subscriber you are trying to reach is not available at this time.”

Also, you can't turn these standard notifications off.

Hope this helps!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Re: Can I block a number from my Childs phone using smart limits without them knowing I have blocked

so how do you turn off the notifications from both parties,

Message 3 of 5
Master

bcaziam wrote:

so how do you turn off the notifications from both parties,

You don't.

Texas_Mom wrote:

Also, you can't turn these standard notifications off.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Mentor

It doesn't really matter.  Anyone can call your child if they block their number.  AT&T doesn't have the capability to block calls from Unknown, Private, or blocked numbers.  Also who every is trying to reach your child can do so if they call from a different number than the number you have blocked. 

AT&T does not block or restrict incoming calls unless it is on the block list.  Other wise anyone can get through even when you set time of day restrictions. 

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support