Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
3:22:50 AM
Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade
I am going to be adding my girlfriend to my plan. Was going to do it today if I was eligible for upgrade. I am not until 11-15-11, but was wondering if I created a new line with the new 4s that I could switch my phone number to it upon receiving. Than I can have the 4s and my girlfriend can use my current iPhone 4 with the new number that was created. Not sure if att could do this. Thanks everyone.
I am going to be adding my girlfriend to my plan. Was going to do it today if I was eligible for upgrade. I am not until 11-15-11, but was wondering if I created a new line with the new 4s that I could switch my phone number to it upon receiving. Than I can have the 4s and my girlfriend can use my current iPhone 4 with the new number that was created. Not sure if att could do this. Thanks everyone.

Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 3:33:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

If you are going to wait until November, just go into the store. They can switch your number over to a new 4S and put a new number on your previous phone for your GF. MUCH less chance of it getting screwed up in the store.

If you are going to wait until November, just go into the store. They can switch your number over to a new 4S and put a new number on your previous phone for your GF. MUCH less chance of it getting screwed up in the store.

Re: Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

2 of 4 (461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 5:01:21 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Once you get the new 4s and activate it, then all you need to do is swap sim cards. You shouldn't need to go to a store or get a new sim card.
Once you get the new 4s and activate it, then all you need to do is swap sim cards. You shouldn't need to go to a store or get a new sim card.

3 of 4 (441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 5:25:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

That is what I thought.  I got my white iphone 4S ordered this morning without a hassle on the Apple Website. 

That is what I thought.  I got my white iphone 4S ordered this morning without a hassle on the Apple Website. 

4 of 4 (434 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments