Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

Mentor

Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

I am going to be adding my girlfriend to my plan. Was going to do it today if I was eligible for upgrade. I am not until 11-15-11, but was wondering if I created a new line with the new 4s that I could switch my phone number to it upon receiving. Than I can have the 4s and my girlfriend can use my current iPhone 4 with the new number that was created. Not sure if att could do this. Thanks everyone.
Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

If you are going to wait until November, just go into the store. They can switch your number over to a new 4S and put a new number on your previous phone for your GF. MUCH less chance of it getting screwed up in the store.

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

Once you get the new 4s and activate it, then all you need to do is swap sim cards. You shouldn't need to go to a store or get a new sim card.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Mentor

That is what I thought.  I got my white iphone 4S ordered this morning without a hassle on the Apple Website. 

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support