Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

Mentor

Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

I am going to be adding my girlfriend to my plan. Was going to do it today if I was eligible for upgrade. I am not until 11-15-11, but was wondering if I created a new line with the new 4s that I could switch my phone number to it upon receiving. Than I can have the 4s and my girlfriend can use my current iPhone 4 with the new number that was created. Not sure if att could do this. Thanks everyone.
Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)
Scholar

Re: Can I add new line and switch number if I am not eligible for upgrade

If you are going to wait until November, just go into the store. They can switch your number over to a new 4S and put a new number on your previous phone for your GF. MUCH less chance of it getting screwed up in the store.

Message 2 of 4 (468 Views)
ACE - Master

Once you get the new 4s and activate it, then all you need to do is swap sim cards. You shouldn't need to go to a store or get a new sim card.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (448 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

That is what I thought.  I got my white iphone 4S ordered this morning without a hassle on the Apple Website. 

Message 4 of 4 (441 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.