Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 25, 2010
4:09:46 PM
View profile
Can ATT track a Cell Phone by its serial Number

Can ATT track a Cell Phone by its serial number?

Someone stole my new Sony. If they replace the sim card with theirs I cannot track their calls. But cant ATT track it by the serial number?  

If they replace the Sim card with one from an old phone is there any way to track it?

Regards | Gary | New Orleans

Can ATT track a Cell Phone by its serial number?

Someone stole my new Sony. If they replace the sim card with theirs I cannot track their calls. But cant ATT track it by the serial number?  

If they replace the Sim card with one from an old phone is there any way to track it?

Regards | Gary | New Orleans

I am NOT an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t represent AT&T’s positions, strategies, opinions or profit margin.

Can ATT track a Cell Phone by its serial Number

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 8:32:15 PM
(0)
Professor

AT&T does not blacklist IMEIs. I would recommend filing a police report.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

AT&T does not blacklist IMEIs. I would recommend filing a police report.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can ATT track a Cell Phone by its serial Number

2 of 4 (15,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2010 2:23:39 PM
(0)
Guru

AT&T will not track your stolen cell phone.  Nor will any of the other cell phone providers.  Very upsetting-our family has had three phones stolen over the years-but they are not in the business of locating missing or stolen phones.  Also, there are probably privacy issues that would prevent them from locating your stolen phone.  I am sorry this happened to you.  Make sure you report the theft to AT&T and have the sim deactivated; you don't want the thief to run up your bill on that phone.  If you should happen to get the phone back-we did on two of the thefts-you can get another sim card from AT&T with your old number and continue service.

AT&T will not track your stolen cell phone.  Nor will any of the other cell phone providers.  Very upsetting-our family has had three phones stolen over the years-but they are not in the business of locating missing or stolen phones.  Also, there are probably privacy issues that would prevent them from locating your stolen phone.  I am sorry this happened to you.  Make sure you report the theft to AT&T and have the sim deactivated; you don't want the thief to run up your bill on that phone.  If you should happen to get the phone back-we did on two of the thefts-you can get another sim card from AT&T with your old number and continue service.

3 of 4 (15,453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2010 2:49:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

Dear shenanigans and ormom51; 

Thank to both of you for the replies.  That was good. 

Please stop by for GUMBO the next time you are in the New Orleans French Quarter. 

Regards | Gary | http://www.facebook.com/lsuedutech

Dear shenanigans and ormom51; 

Thank to both of you for the replies.  That was good. 

Please stop by for GUMBO the next time you are in the New Orleans French Quarter. 

Regards | Gary | http://www.facebook.com/lsuedutech

I am NOT an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t represent AT&T’s positions, strategies, opinions or profit margin.

4 of 4 (15,449 Views)