Can AT&T staff please at least give all WP7 customers an ETA on the MS WP7 Update (NoDo) ??

Teacher

Can AT&T staff please at least give all WP7 customers an ETA on the MS WP7 Update (NoDo) ??

I have an AT&T Samsung Focus.  It is a branded carrier handset - being used in Australia.  As a branded carrier handset, AT&T send the OS upodates, not MS direct.

I cannot believe that AT&T (largest US carrier) for all Samsung Focus owners in the US and worldwide (most popular handset) have not even been decent enought to engage their customer base on an ETA for this Update/Release?

Customer service anyone ?  Please confirm an ETA for the release now that MS has approved it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
Tutor

Re: Can AT&T staff please at least give all WP7 customers an ETA on the MS WP7 Update (NoDo) ??

Wow, that's great, my post was blank and editing it did not help.

Anyhow, I agree, Microsoft has obviously released the update, no doublt AT&T knew when it was going to be release....can we get some sort of official stance on how long we are all going to be waiting? 

Message 2 of 31
Teacher

Re: Can AT&T staff please at least give all WP7 customers an ETA on the MS WP7 Update (NoDo) ??

Good luck. I highly doubt they'll be replying any time soon. According to WPCentral they've heard rumors it could be May or June. I hope that's just a bad rumor. I will tell you one thing though, I'm not waiting that long. I will pay the ETF and go to Verizon. If their phone is out before AT&T gets this update out, I'm leaving for sure. I'm not going to sit around and wait for AT&T to take us seriously and update our phones.

http://www.wpcentral.com/hack-unlocked-htc-phones-gets-nodo-now#comments

Message 3 of 31
GBK
Mentor

If I don't get it by next week i'm out.  no reason to wait.

Message 4 of 31
Expert

GBK wrote:

If I don't get it by next week i'm out.  no reason to wait.

right - and you forgot about your etf? That is a pretty decent incentive, unless you have about 280.00 floating free

Message 5 of 31
GBK
Mentor

Yeah its less than paying them for next 3 months for the 4 lines I have. Only 1 is still on contract
Message 6 of 31
Scholar

AT&T users won't get the update for quite some time. This is a quote from Paul Thurott's blog: "it appears that AT&T users, and perhaps all users of Samsung-branded Windows Phones, will be among the last to get the update."
Message 7 of 31
Highlighted
Tutor

If you think jumping ship to Verizon or any other carrier will help - you are wrong. Ask Verizon users how long many of them had to wait for Andriod updates to Froyo and other releases. They are stuck waiting just as long trust me - I have friends on Verizon and T-Mobile... they have to put up with the same stuff.

Message 8 of 31
Mentor

Message 9 of 31
Scholar

This whole update process has been a total debacle and if AT&T choses to hold back a update Microsoft has stated is tested and ready then I will go elsewhere..  You don't see Apple allowing AT&T tell them when to release their iPhone updates so MS should grow a set and not allow them to hold up their updates.. Like it or not this whole update debacle is giving WP7 a big black eye. And I have 5 lines which I am sure Verizon would love to have. We pay AT&T for their data, voice and text fees but the phones are OURS so give us out update already..

Message 10 of 31
Teacher

Here's some official information the update....Looks like it is currently being tested by AT&T.

Message 11 of 31
GBK
Mentor

Yeah another 3 month wait ? No thanks
Message 12 of 31
Tutor

They need to realize customers will never be happy about having these things delayed.  They have had more than enough time to 'test' the update and it should be available by now.

Message 13 of 31
Expert

jtzako wrote:

They need to realize customers will never be happy about having these things delayed.  They have had more than enough time to 'test' the update and it should be available by now.

more accurately

"They need to realize customers will never be happy"

as witnessed by another thread on this same forum - person posted recently saying when the Android 2.2 coming to captivate - they where directed to the stickie post made in feburary that it was already available then they proceeded to complain that they did nto get a notification and att was the worst. At one point in time no customer is happy with the precieved service given by any company.

Message 14 of 31
Contributor

wingrider01 wrote:

jtzako wrote:

more accurately

"They need to realize customers will never be happy"

as witnessed by another thread on this same forum - person posted recently saying when the Android 2.2 coming to captivate - they where directed to the stickie post made in feburary that it was already available then they proceeded to complain that they did nto get a notification and att was the worst. At one point in time no customer is happy with the precieved service given by any company.

Well while you can not make all customers happy all of the time, I think holding up the update is making *NO* customers happy right now.

BTW AT&T did recently send my wife a text message saying the captivate update was available and a link to it.  Of course the link did not work, but it got me to look around and update the phone.  As I had not heard the update had been released.

So apparently they do listen, hopefully with the the MS status update showing that only AT&T phones are still in the testing phase among US carriers that may get the customers making a bit more noise.

Message 15 of 31
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support