Can AT&T let me upgrade 2 weeks earlier?

Tutor

Can AT&T let me upgrade 2 weeks earlier?

Hello,

My second line is due for an upgrade on 6/10/12 but I was wondering if AT&T can change the upgrade date on their system to now.

I'm only 3 weeks away but I can't wait that long since my phone is currently not working properly.

If they do change my upgrade date to, for example 5/24/12, would they force me to upgrade my phone with them or can I just go to Walmart and upgrade my phone there?

Message 1 of 6 (4,663 Views)
Professor

Re: Can AT&T let me upgrade 2 weeks earlier?

You can ask, but I wouldn't bet on it. They'll let you upgrade on the first of the month that you're elegible, I did it myself in March.

Message 2 of 6 (4,644 Views)
Tutor

Ok thanks for replying I guess I will ask! Fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 6 (4,624 Views)

They let me upgrade a month early. It sounded like they'll do for anyone who asks.

Message 4 of 6 (4,313 Views)
Master

harryspar wrote:

They let me upgrade a month early. It sounded like they'll do for anyone who asks.

It depends on the phone currenlty under contract.  For iPhones, they have historically held to the upgrade date.  That may be true for other smart phones but it may be just an Apple thing.  For other phones, if you ask nicely they should come through.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 6 (4,297 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

They have been letting people get their upgrade on the first day of their upgrade month.  Great deal if your upgrade date is the 29th of the month, not so great if your date is the 3rd of the month, but I haven't heard of them allowing a fixed time (e.g. X number of weeks) for early full upgrade for iPhones..

Message 6 of 6 (4,287 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.