Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 13, 2009
8:40:19 PM
View profile
Calling from China

I have signed up for the World Traveler program and will be traveling to China this weekend. I intend to use my Blackberyy for a) incoming calls b) Outgoing calls to US and c) Outgoing to another country like India. I would like to know what the rates will be. The AT&T page specifies a single rate ($1.99). Is this the same rate for all situations (a, b and c) above or are there additional charges?

I tried calling AT&T but after spending 1/2 hr could not get a propoer answer.

Thanks for any help.

-- Nasir

I have signed up for the World Traveler program and will be traveling to China this weekend. I intend to use my Blackberyy for a) incoming calls b) Outgoing calls to US and c) Outgoing to another country like India. I would like to know what the rates will be. The AT&T page specifies a single rate ($1.99). Is this the same rate for all situations (a, b and c) above or are there additional charges?

I tried calling AT&T but after spending 1/2 hr could not get a propoer answer.

Thanks for any help.

-- Nasir

Calling from China

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2009 12:24:40 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by 300k on Oct 14, 2009 at 12:40:30 PM

A & B will have $1.99/minute 

C - will have different rate... to India it will be $2.29/minute, 

Compare World Traveler plan with standard rates here.

You might save a lot by unlocking your phone (AT&T can do it for you) and using local prepaid service... 

Message Edited by 300k on 10-14-2009 02:40:30 PM

You might save a lot by unlocking your phone (AT&T can do it for you) and using local prepaid service... 

Re: Calling from China

[ Edited ]
2 of 10 (4,461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2009 3:58:32 AM
(0)
Master

300k wrote:

That is not correct.  All calls made in China to any destination will have the same rate.  Next door, back to the US, or to a third country are all charged at the same rate.

300k wrote:

That is not correct.  All calls made in China to any destination will have the same rate.  Next door, back to the US, or to a third country are all charged at the same rate.

3 of 10 (4,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2009 6:19:08 AM
(0)
Professor

DWC1 wrote:

300k wrote:

Nope, call international support... they will prove your wrong.

DWC1 wrote:

300k wrote:

4 of 10 (4,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2009 3:52:36 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by DWC1 on Oct 29, 2009 at 3:55:12 AM

300k wrote:

Just looking at my invoices to see what I have been charged is sufficient for me.  I roam overseas at least once per month and can assure you that when roaming all charges are based on the country you are in not the country you are calling.  The world traveler discount rate when roaming in China is $1.99 per min.  That applies for all calls made when roaming in China regardless of if you call next door, back to the US, or any other country. 

Message Edited by DWC1 on 10-29-2009 06:55:12 AM

300k wrote:

Just looking at my invoices to see what I have been charged is sufficient for me.  I roam overseas at least once per month and can assure you that when roaming all charges are based on the country you are in not the country you are calling.  The world traveler discount rate when roaming in China is $1.99 per min.  That applies for all calls made when roaming in China regardless of if you call next door, back to the US, or any other country. 

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (4,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2009 10:19:40 AM
(0)
Scholar
I believe DWC1 is correct.
I believe DWC1 is correct.

6 of 10 (4,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2009 11:59:43 PM
(0)
Professor

DWC1 wrote:

300k wrote:

Really? Then calling any country from US would cost the same, right? How come when I travel my bill shows different charges for usage depending which country I'm calling to. Read International Terms and Conditions... 

DWC1 wrote:

300k wrote:

Really? Then calling any country from US would cost the same, right? How come when I travel my bill shows different charges for usage depending which country I'm calling to. Read International Terms and Conditions... 

7 of 10 (4,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2009 12:30:53 PM
(0)
Master

300k wrote:
Really? Then calling any country from US would cost the same, right?  Read International Terms and Conditions... 

Domestic mins do not include any international long distance charges.  International roaming rates on the other hand are priced as fully inclusive of all local and international toll charges.  I have read the terms and conditions.  Can you please point me to what you are reading that says something to the contrary?

300k wrote:
Really? Then calling any country from US would cost the same, right?  Read International Terms and Conditions... 

Domestic mins do not include any international long distance charges.  International roaming rates on the other hand are priced as fully inclusive of all local and international toll charges.  I have read the terms and conditions.  Can you please point me to what you are reading that says something to the contrary?

8 of 10 (4,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2009 3:18:50 PM
(0)
Professor
I do know that... the same thing is with international roaming. $1.99/min will only cover calls made inside of China and US. Any calls made to other countries will be charged differently. 
I do know that... the same thing is with international roaming. $1.99/min will only cover calls made inside of China and US. Any calls made to other countries will be charged differently. 

9 of 10 (4,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2009 3:20:21 PM
(0)
Master

300k wrote:

My September roaming invoice while in Shanghai shows calls from China to Australia, UK, and the US.  All were charged at $1.99 per min.  If you were charged more you should complain.

300k wrote:

My September roaming invoice while in Shanghai shows calls from China to Australia, UK, and the US.  All were charged at $1.99 per min.  If you were charged more you should complain.

10 of 10 (4,124 Views)