Calling Russia: "Your call can not be..."

Contributor

Calling Russia: "Your call can not be..."

I had this problem calling my friend in Russia since Saturday (perhaps even earlier since I only call once a week).  I dial the number as I used to do for the last couple of years, and I get the old "your international call can not be completed as dialed, please try ...etc etc".  I tried my regular home phone, didn't work.  Tried my call phone, didn't work.  Tried it from my office 3 metro stations away, didn't work.

Does anyone have any info on what's going on?  Email seems to work, but that's different.  I did call AT&T, they saw the problem, but couldn't fix it.  Which makes sense, since I used different phones at different locations. 

I won't post my friend's phone number, but the country+city codes are 011 7 4967 ## ## ##

Message 1 of 4

Re: Calling Russia: "Your call can not be..."

Call care check if some intl features were removed. Strongly advise to call care Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

acroap1988 wrote:

I had this problem calling my friend in Russia since Saturday (perhaps even earlier since I only call once a week).  I dial the number as I used to do for the last couple of years, and I get the old "your international call can not be completed as dialed, please try ...etc etc".  I tried my regular home phone, didn't work.  Tried my call phone, didn't work.  Tried it from my office 3 metro stations away, didn't work.

Does anyone have any info on what's going on?  Email seems to work, but that's different.  I did call AT&T, they saw the problem, but couldn't fix it.  Which makes sense, since I used different phones at different locations. 

I won't post my friend's phone number, but the country+city codes are 011 7 4967 ## ## ##

I always dial using universal international prefix + instead of 011 and I never had a problem. In theory there shouldn't be a difference between dialing 011 and +, but who knows?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4

Yes, for international calls its required.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support