Calling Russia: "Your call can not be..."

Contributor

Calling Russia: "Your call can not be..."

I had this problem calling my friend in Russia since Saturday (perhaps even earlier since I only call once a week).  I dial the number as I used to do for the last couple of years, and I get the old "your international call can not be completed as dialed, please try ...etc etc".  I tried my regular home phone, didn't work.  Tried my call phone, didn't work.  Tried it from my office 3 metro stations away, didn't work.

Does anyone have any info on what's going on?  Email seems to work, but that's different.  I did call AT&T, they saw the problem, but couldn't fix it.  Which makes sense, since I used different phones at different locations. 

I won't post my friend's phone number, but the country+city codes are 011 7 4967 ## ## ##

Message 1 of 4

Re: Calling Russia: "Your call can not be..."

Call care check if some intl features were removed. Strongly advise to call care Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

acroap1988 wrote:

I had this problem calling my friend in Russia since Saturday (perhaps even earlier since I only call once a week).  I dial the number as I used to do for the last couple of years, and I get the old "your international call can not be completed as dialed, please try ...etc etc".  I tried my regular home phone, didn't work.  Tried my call phone, didn't work.  Tried it from my office 3 metro stations away, didn't work.

Does anyone have any info on what's going on?  Email seems to work, but that's different.  I did call AT&T, they saw the problem, but couldn't fix it.  Which makes sense, since I used different phones at different locations. 

I won't post my friend's phone number, but the country+city codes are 011 7 4967 ## ## ##

I always dial using universal international prefix + instead of 011 and I never had a problem. In theory there shouldn't be a difference between dialing 011 and +, but who knows?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4

Yes, for international calls its required.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support