Calling CS from phone

Highlighted

Calling CS from phone

When I call 611 on my phone and it connects me to CS, is that a free call?  When I called 611, I asked a rep and the rep said, yes it is free.

However, I just noticed my online account the CS calls are counting from my DT mins.  Should that be happening? 

As a side note, the Called Number section of my online account says some 800 # (when I called 611) rather than what I really dailed = 611.

Message 1 of 10 (233 Views)

Re: Calling CS from phone

611 = 1-800-331-0500

Yes it counts towards your daytime minutes.

Message 2 of 10 (232 Views)
Guru

ive never had 611 deduct minutes from me. it doesnt even show up under my call list online. Ive always been told it was free.
Message 3 of 10 (227 Views)
Expert

611 calls are free, Check HERE.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 10 (214 Views)

Shows up on mine, could be my type of "special" account
Message 5 of 10 (203 Views)
Scholar

Calls to customer care are free, but when they call you, I do believe it uses your minutes.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10 (183 Views)
Master

Dialing 611 has always been free calls
Message 7 of 10 (177 Views)

611 = free
18003310500 = not

Toll free numbers are for landline phones.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 10 (167 Views)

if you're being charged you need to call customer care ASAP anytime you call 611 or 1-800-331-0500 from your AT&T cell it's a free call!!!

Message 9 of 10 (161 Views)
Scholar

PhoneScoop wrote:
if you're being charged you need to call customer care ASAP anytime you call 611 or 1-800-331-0500 from your AT&T cell it's a free call!!!

That is so not true. If you call the 800 number it WILL go against your daytime minutes. Only if you specificially dial 611 will it count as mobile to mobile.

Message 10 of 10 (148 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.